5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air system

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
I have a train Horn set up from Horn Blasters that i'm wanting to install. It came with a 3.5 gallon tank. If i was wanting to add bags for towing to keep from squatting, would the 3.5 gallon be good or would you guys recommend me upping the tank to a 5 gallon slim?

Thanks for the input!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a train Horn set up from Horn Blasters that i'm wanting to install. It came with a 3.5 gallon tank. If i was wanting to add bags for towing to keep from squatting, would the 3.5 gallon be good or would you guys recommend me upping the tank to a 5 gallon slim?

Thanks for the input!
Let me know where you install yours. I’m trying to take mine to have my 2 gallon tank swapped out for a 5 gallon one that I have

clinecs

Reaction score
I just had one installed in my 2020 1500 Limited and I specifically said I don't want the tank installed in my bed as I have the Ramboxes and don't want to lose bed space. Go to pick it up and my spare is in my bed and the tank is where the spare is.......Its the 8gal tank and its massive. Now I get to haul the spare in the bed of the bed.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had one installed in my 2020 1500 Limited and I specifically said I don't want the tank installed in my bed as I have the Ramboxes and don't want to lose bed space. Go to pick it up and my spare is in my bed and the tank is where the spare is.......Its the 8gal tank and its massive. Now I get to haul the spare in the bed of the bed.
That’s 8 gallon tank wouldn’t mount many places under a limited I’m sure.

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
No issues with it getting wet. I thought about mounting my compressor in the bed

Users who are viewing this thread