5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension

Donnacrockett

Reaction score
Hey all, just looking for some feedback on the 4 corner air suspension option, does it give you a smoother ride? Any reliability issues with it?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any plans of lifting or leveling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I've only had mine for 4 months but I love it. Ride is very smooth. I thought my 2014 Laramie had a nice ride (no air suspension) but my new Rebel os like riding on a cloud.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following as I've read many auto publications call it a must have and many here talk about it but also heard lots of concern about performance in cold weather.

Awood05

Reaction score
I LOVE mine. Rides smooth, even on the country roads. The height adjustability is also very handy.

No issues with mine.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Had it for a year. No issues so far. Definitely a smoother ride.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Following as I've read many auto publications call it a must have and many here talk about it but also heard lots of concern about performance in cold weather.
Most of those are for the previous gen trucks <2018 (or Classics).
As far as I know, there have been to reports of issues in cold weather on 5th Gen vehicles. At least not anything widespread.
We have a few Canadian and northern states members here with trucks performing flawlessly in extremely cold weather.

I know I do love mine. Great ride and zero issues in almost three years.

Cheers,

ammdrew

Reaction score
No issues on my 19 including down to -30’s past couple winters in MN, 2020 is doing great also. Super nice for hooking trailer and having a level truck when towing.

merdon1332000

Reaction score
has anyone used it as lift? IE to lower it to get in garage and lift to look sexy?

Awood05

Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority. I run in Aero-Mode most of the time because I like the lower look. I raise it up for snow, car washes, etc.

Mate514

Reaction score
My rebel 4th gen was on bump stop this morning, the ride to the job site was not fun at all. I parked in a indoor garage and it was fine an hour later. If you live in the north, don’t go with the air ride, I sure didn’t with my 2021 rebel.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My rebel 4th gen was on bump stop this morning, the ride to the job site was not fun at all. I parked in a indoor garage and it was fine an hour later. If you live in the north, don’t go with the air ride, I sure didn’t with my 2021 rebel.
You have a 4th gen. Why are you posting here?
Supposed to be a different system, so not apples to apples ;)

Mate514

Reaction score
They never find the fix for the 4th gen and a year later it’s a brand new system that don’t fail.....I would not take any chance and run from their air ride!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They never find the fix for the 4th gen and a year later it’s a brand new system that don’t fail.....I would not take any chance and run from their air ride!
Well... It’s a whole new truck, so everything is new and improved, including the AS system.

Cheers,

Mate514

Reaction score
Well... It’s a whole new truck, so everything is new and improved, including the AS system.

Cheers,
Glad to hear that I won’t hear the Hemi TIK at 100 000 km since it’s all brand new and improved!!

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I live in the north and absolutely love my air ride.. no issues so far

Users who are viewing this thread