5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension with level puck, no links

WickedRam

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to answer....got the level kit with daystar puck and revel links. Got the shipped email so made the appt to have it put on, only the pucks showed up. Got the email for the links after pucks showed up. Appt is Thursday, links supposed to be here Thursday. Can I run maybe 50miles with just the puck and put the links on myself at home that evening?
Why or why not so I can better understand this air suspension stuff on here

Thank you in advance!

Yamie700

Reaction score
With the daystar 2" spacers installed and the stock links the truck will see the front end as being high and just release air from the front air struts to get back to stock ride height. Should be fine to drive a little bit, front end likely just a little floaty feeling due to low air pressure. You might get an error message like service air suspension system. I installed daystar spacers and revel links myself in my garage and when I first started the truck I got an error message but went away after 5 minutes of driving. I got an alignment after the install and everything's been great for over a year now.

WickedRam

Reaction score
With the daystar 2" spacers installed and the stock links the truck will see the front end as being high and just release air from the front air struts to get back to stock ride height. Should be fine to drive a little bit, front end likely just a little floaty feeling due to low air pressure. You might get an error message like service air suspension system. I installed daystar spacers and revel links myself in my garage and when I first started the truck I got an error message but went away after 5 minutes of driving. I got an alignment after the install and everything's been great for over a year now.
But the stock links will still be able to be used at least for the ride home and put the new links on myself correct?

clazer

Reaction score
But the stock links will still be able to be used at least for the ride home and put the new links on myself correct?
Correct. Like yamie said, it’ll just be really soft/low pressure up front.

Users who are viewing this thread