5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension - Tow in Aero Mode?

Zinger

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel with the air suspension. I usually roll in aero mode. When I tow my 6000lb camper, should I set it to normal mode or is aero still ok?

Also, I see references to "jack mode" when doing levelling measurements for a trailer. What is "jack mode"?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tire Jack Mode To assist with changing a tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled.

I would use normal when towing that much.

th3duke

Reaction score
Tire Jack Mode To assist with changing a tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled.

I would use normal when towing that much.

My 0.02 CDN pennies worth. My truck would go down to Aero mode automatically when towing (this was the 2015 Outdoorsman). Hence I would suggest that it can't cause any damage towing in Aero mode - besides the Rebel is already 1" higher in NRH and .6" lower in Aero - so why not tow in this mode if we can? My 2015 Outdoorsman couldn't be driven in this mode unless I was driving at highway speeds, but the Rebel allows us to keep it in Aero...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 0.02 CDN pennies worth. My truck would go down to Aero mode automatically when towing (this was the 2015 Outdoorsman). Hence I would suggest that it can't cause any damage towing in Aero mode - besides the Rebel is already 1" higher in NRH and .6" lower in Aero - so why not tow in this mode if we can? My 2015 Outdoorsman couldn't be driven in this mode unless I was driving at highway speeds, but the Rebel allows us to keep it in Aero...

I currently have 2014 Outdoorsman with air suspension and yes at highway speed it will go into aero mode. Since you are towing something heavy when you use tow/haul mode it over rides the aero mode and leaves it in normal.
It must be different on the 2019 models.

Primosp83

Reaction score
I have the same question. One thing that I noticed on my 2019 Limited was when tow/haul mode was enabled it did restrict the auto move to aero mode. When tow/haul mode was off it went into aero mode automatically. Both instances were done WITH a trailer in tow.

Does any one see any negative implications when towing in aero mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished an 1100 mile trip towing 6400# travel trailer. Decided to tow in aero mode since the trailer was a little nose-high. Truck did great. When I got home I adjusted the hitch to it’s lowest level (without getting a drop bar). Trailer is 1/4” nose low in aero mode after the change so I guess I will continue to tow in aero.

Lucmac

Reaction score
Just finished an 1100 mile trip towing 6400# travel trailer. Decided to tow in aero mode since the trailer was a little nose-high. Truck did great. When I got home I adjusted the hitch to it’s lowest level (without getting a drop bar). Trailer is 1/4” nose low in aero mode after the change so I guess I will continue to tow in aero.
what was your average mpg when you would fill up during that tow trip?

Users who are viewing this thread