5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension to fit in Garage!!??

Shammy

Reaction score
Hey all,

New here and just purchased my Rebel this week and LOVE IT!!! I have a tuck under garage and my Rebel does not fit "Height wise" into my garage. Such a nice vehicle and I can't imagine it not going in the garage at night or during storms/winter here in Minnesota. Anyway my only option is, I think, do some major work to one of my garage door frames and door or save for Air Suspension. I around 2 1/2 inches maybe three inches to high right now. Will installing Air suspension get me low enough to fit it in my garage????? Also, how much is Air Suspension after purchase???? Do I do this with my dealer or are there other aftermarket Air suspensions that I should consider???? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and so pumped about the new truck!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure however I don't think you can lower it that much. I'd be concerned if for some reason it didn't fully drop, somehow broke, or with the Mn winters wasn't operating right.
The YT "low bridge vs trucks" videos come to mind...

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can tell you from here, don't consider an OE retrofit; I don't think that process will be worth it at all, however, since Air Suspension parts are available from the factory, you can buy the OE Air struts/bags and have them plumbed to an aftermarket tank/compressor/switches.

Honestly, if I didn't have OE air ride, that would be my route as well. Current day controller systems are amazing, include options like level sensors, remote activation by phone or gps location etc.

Rick J

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure however I don't think you can lower it that much. I'd be concerned if for some reason it didn't fully drop, somehow broke, or with the Mn winters wasn't operating right.
The YT "low bridge vs trucks" videos come to mind...
The owners manual states all models except the Rebel will drop 2 inches. The Rebel will drop 3 inches. Not sure why the difference.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The owners manual states all models except the Rebel will drop 2 inches. The Rebel will drop 3 inches. Not sure why the difference.
The Rebel and all trucks with the Off Road Group that also have air suspension will drop 3”, since they start out 1” higher than others. The air springs themselves are the same for all.

Users who are viewing this thread