5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension sensor plug

ZachT

Reaction score
Hey forum -

I've got a 2019 Limited with air suspension. I installed 20x10, -19 offset wheels with 305/55/20 and am getting slight rubbing. I'd like to get rid of it. I already have Revel Links but also purchased a set of Rough Country brackets.

My problem is, I cannot figure out how to get the sensor unplugged from the wiring harness. I really don't want to break it. Anyone know the trick to getting it un-plugged?

Zach

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey forum -

I've got a 2019 Limited with air suspension. I installed 20x10, -19 offset wheels with 305/55/20 and am getting slight rubbing. I'd like to get rid of it. I already have Revel Links but also purchased a set of Rough Country brackets.

My problem is, I cannot figure out how to get the sensor unplugged from the wiring harness. I really don't want to break it. Anyone know the trick to getting it un-plugged?

Zach
AFAIK you need to unlock the connector by sliding out the locking tab with red on it.

Attachments

• Locking tab with red.jpg
    Locking tab with red.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 20

ZachT

Reaction score
That's what I tried and how the instruction say to do it, but man is it stuck. I really don't want to have to de-pin it to replace the connector if I break it.

Zach

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I tried and how the instruction say to do it, but man is it stuck. I really don't want to have to de-pin it to replace the connector if I break it.

Zach
It is tight. Push down on it with a flat bladed screw driver, after that, you still need to release the connector retaining clip.

Attachments

• 20231113_074716.jpg
    20231113_074716.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 11

ZachT

Reaction score
Thanks. The image helps reinforce I was doing it right, just being to easy on it. I'll go at it again. If it breaks, it breaks.

Zach

ZachT

Reaction score
I know it's been a minute since I posted this. Thought I would follow up. I got the connectors apart. The grit was really sticking them up.

Turns out the Rough Country brackets combined with the aftermarket links is not a good move. The ride was extremely rough and it seemed to confuse the system. It would randomly switch from Normal to Aero to Offroad 1 when starting the truck.

I pulled the aftermarket links and re-intalled the stock links and ride is great. No rubbing either. This is the way.

Zach

Users who are viewing this thread