5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension questions

Binaryslave

Reaction score
Hi. New ram 2019 limited owner. I like to ride around town in off road 2 mode but when on highway I let it go into aero mode.

After aero mode it seems to sit in normal mode and not return to off road.

Is there a way to make it prefer to go back to offroad mode?

Also interested in maybe lifting the truck. Has anyone done this with air lift? Can it go low when on highway and high around city or are the kits plus x inches all the time? Care to share any experience on your results? Was gas mileage impacted?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi. New ram 2019 limited owner. I like to ride around town in off road 2 mode but when on highway I let it go into aero mode.

After aero mode it seems to sit in normal mode and not return to off road.

Is there a way to make it prefer to go back to offroad mode?

Also interested in maybe lifting the truck. Has anyone done this with air lift? Can it go low when on highway and high around city or are the kits plus x inches all the time? Care to share any experience on your results? Was gas mileage impacted?
The only ride height it will move to and from on its own are normal and aero. All current lifts will be plus x inches all the time. You can do a level and or a full lift.

Binaryslave

Reaction score
The only ride height it will move to and from on its own are normal and aero. All current lifts will be plus x inches all the time. You can do a level and or a full lift.

Any recommendations on lifts that dont require cutting welding etc?

The air suspension in offroad 2 raises max 2 inches right? So if I put a 4 inch lift kit it will raise 6 inches in off road 2 but normal mode will be +2 inches which is equivalent to the current off road 2?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any recommendations on lifts that dont require cutting welding etc?

The air suspension in offroad 2 raises max 2 inches right? So if I put a 4 inch lift kit it will raise 6 inches in off road 2 but normal mode will be +2 inches which is equivalent to the current off road 2?
Normal will be +4 inches on all levels but I think the only full lift out right now is a 6 inch lift

Binaryslave

Reaction score
looks like rough country has a 5" lift for limiteds with air suspension. I'm comfortable the way the truck rides in off road 2 which should be +4".

That said if I find a good 3.5 to 4" lift kit that works with air ride, then I can ride in normal mode at say +4 and when I want to be higher up I can raise it to +8 in off road 2 mode that sound about right?

I'm searching around the internet now, but do you guys know of a good 3.5 to 4" lift kit?

Hustleman216

Reaction score
I haven’t seen any 4” lifts but I’ll be watching this thread to see.. I’m interested in the rough country myself but was wondering if BDS would drop one

Users who are viewing this thread