5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension question

Randy

Reaction score
I just got my new Limited 1500 and was curious if there’s a way to drive in off road 1 or 2 at all times without it lowering after hitting the mph triggers? I didn’t know if there was a way to override the system settings. This is my first Ram so trying to get used to everything. I just like the look of riding higher.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No one has figured out a way to get around the MPH rules except for these:
1. Raise/lower truck to desired position then pull fuse for air suspension.
2. Install modified links on the height position sensors. You can make your own or buy a set for $200. Just google "modify ram air suspension" and you'll find all kinds of good info out there.

With that said, I'm still exploring ways to make the air suspension do what I want.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are also good reasons for the speed limits.

Increased lift impacts uca ball joint angle and wheel alignment.
Stiffer ride
Fuel economy

As mentioned above, there are ways to trick the system but added risk as well. Several have broken air ride sensors from using adjustable links. Someone has developed flexible links that are 3d printed.

The dealer can also adjust the parameters in the system but they do it mostly to correct any low corners, if at all.

There is a company that has developed an application for 4th gen that allows access to the air ride system. I'm not sure exactly what parameters can be changed.

Many 4th gen Rebel owners have added daystar 2.5 inch spacers and adjustable links which retains the stock ride but requires disconnect/reconnect of the air ride supply lines. I've been advised by my service guy that if This is done, the system should be recharged and recalibrated due to loss of nitrogen in the air strut.

Lots of options, but each has some degree of risk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread