5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Leveling - Lowering Rear Instead of Raising Front?

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
So I’ve read many, many threads about the leveling links for Rams with air suspension. I see that several people comment that the ride quality is definitely stiffer after installing the front links to achieve a level stance.

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to lower the rear ride height rather than raising the front? I would think this would maintain ride quality and also achieve a level stance. I guess that’d be a “rear lowering/level link”?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I’ve read many, many threads about the leveling links for Rams with air suspension. I see that several people comment that the ride quality is definitely stiffer after installing the front links to achieve a level stance.

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to lower the rear ride height rather than raising the front? I would think this would maintain ride quality and also achieve a level stance. I guess that’d be a “rear lowering/level link”?
I believe that revel sells lowering links as well if I remember right. The issue with going lower is that entry/exit is pretty much on the bump stops from what I’ve read so if you lower your aero mode will be close to entry exit height which is not a great ride.

bonebro

Reaction score
I built my own links and raised the front 1/2” and lowered the rear 1/2”. This cut the factory rake look and didn’t compromise the ride. I initially raised the front an inch and noticed the stiffer ride.

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
I built my own links and raised the front 1/2” and lowered the rear 1/2”. This cut the factory rake look and didn’t compromise the ride. I initially raised the front an inch and noticed the stiffer ride.
Sounds like a great compromise. Is there a thread regarding building your own links?

bonebro

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread