5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Lean

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
My 2021 Limited with air suspension has just developed a pretty severe lean on the right front. It is particularly noticeable when parked over night. It always corrects itself when I get in and drive. Sometimes I only need to press unlock on the key fob and it slowly levels out. I have daystar spacers and Revel links on for over a year and never had a issue. I have read about leaks and having the dealer sync all four sensors. It is still under warranty so do I need to remove the Revel links before going to the dealer so they don’t try and blame the adjustable links? Thank you.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They're easy enough to swap out so I'd put the stock links back on. If it were me I'd put the stock links back on and make sure it happens with those, just for my own peace of mind. Besides, there's a good change you'll need to keep it there overnight so they can see it happen for themselves.

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
They're easy enough to swap out so I'd put the stock links back on. If it were me I'd put the stock links back on and make sure it happens with those, just for my own peace of mind. Besides, there's a good change you'll need to keep it there overnight so they can see it happen for themselves.
Thank you. I’ll swap out all four with the stock links. Do you know if they are corner specific? I just have the stock ones loose in a box. They all have different numbers on them - 10,12,13 etc.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. I’ll swap out all four with the stock links. Do you know if they are corner specific? I just have the stock ones loose in a box. They all have different numbers on them - 10,12,13 etc.
I believe the passenger side is a tad bit bigger than the driver but rear is equal. (That’s if my memoy serves me correct)

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
My 2021 Limited with air suspension has just developed a pretty severe lean on the right front. It is particularly noticeable when parked over night. It always corrects itself when I get in and drive. Sometimes I only need to press unlock on the key fob and it slowly levels out. I have daystar spacers and Revel links on for over a year and never had a issue. I have read about leaks and having the dealer sync all four sensors. It is still under warranty so do I need to remove the Revel links before going to the dealer so they don’t try and blame the adjustable links? Thank you.
So I replaced the Revel Links with the stock links since I’m planning on taking it to the dealer. The truck is no longer leaning on the right front but it is significantly lower than with the Revel links. The problem is if I take it to the dealer they aren’t going to be able to observe the heavy lean I was having. Does this indicate the problem is caused by the adjustable links? I have had them on for over a year and had no issues until now.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I replaced the Revel Links with the stock links since I’m planning on taking it to the dealer. The truck is no longer leaning on the right front but it is significantly lower than with the Revel links. The problem is if I take it to the dealer they aren’t going to be able to observe the heavy lean I was having. Does this indicate the problem is caused by the adjustable links? I have had them on for over a year and had no issues until now.
That's possible, but I'd reserve judgement on that until after you've driven around on stock links for a while and see if the problem comes back. It may be that switching back to stock links reset something.

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
How has the ride quality changed after reinstalling the factory links?
The ride seems not quite as smooth, a little bouncy at times but not too bad. I could be imagining that but I really don’t like the new stance. Much lower than with the Revel links. The bigger tires don’t rub but it’s close.

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
That's possible, but I'd reserve judgement on that until after you've driven around on stock links for a while and see if the problem comes back. It may be that switching back to stock links reset something.
Agreed. It’s only been a day but seems to be maintaining level but just much lower than with the Revel links.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear that you think it feels more bouncy sitting lower. What setting was the suspension set to? You might try going up one setting and comparing the ride. Generally speaking, the higher you go with the air suspension the bouncier the ride is. When I used links to lift the truck to as high as it will go, it was so bouncy it felt like I was riding on basketballs.

1st Time Ram

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear that you think it feels more bouncy sitting lower. What setting was the suspension set to? You might try going up one setting and comparing the ride. Generally speaking, the higher you go with the air suspension the bouncier the ride is. When I used links to lift the truck to as high as it will go, it was so bouncy it felt like I was riding on basketballs.
I hear you. It was on normal ride mode. Took it on the highway and it dropped into aero mode. Like I said I may have been looking for something wrong since I hate the stance. I know what you mean by the off road modes. Pretty useless on the street. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread