5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AIR SUSPENSION ISSUE

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My air suspension has worked flawlessly since I got the truck 3 years ago. The other day I manually lower it to EE for a parking garage. I forgot to raise it when I exited the garage and later noticed while driving on the highway it raised to Aero not Normal as its supposed to do and has done in the past. I manually raised it and the next day noticed that the automatic feature was acting funny. Prior to this issue my truck would lower to Aero in the low 60s and raise to Normal while decelerating. It would shift back and forth on the highway based on my speeds. Now it doesn’t lower ro Aero until 69/70 mph and doesn’t raise to Normal until I get down to about 15mph. It’s totally different in the way it operates prior to the parking garage event. Is there a reset that can be done? I figured maybe the computer is glitchy. I tried turning off the auto Aero and switching back on multiple times but it doesn’t fix my issue. All
height levels work fine manually by the way. Am I missing something? It just seems that it takes too long to get into Aero and doesn’t want to get out of it and back to Normal like it used too.
Any input is appreciated.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Exactly why I made sure my Longhorn did not have air suspension.. I've had it on 2 other trucks and the ol lady's jeep and have had issues with everyone of them... Just something else to go wrong and the reason I won't ever buy another vehicle with it! Hopefully someone can chime in and help out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly why I made sure my Longhorn did not have air suspension.. I've had it on 2 other trucks and the ol lady's jeep and have had issues with everyone of them... Just something else to go wrong and the reason I won't ever buy another vehicle with it! Hopefully someone can chime in and help out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I must say however, I do love it and it worked flawlessly for the last three years so I am hoping it’s a software glitch. It still functions but just differently the last two days.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I must say however, I do love it and it worked flawlessly for the last three years so I am hoping it’s a software glitch. It still functions but just differently the last two days.
Disconnect the negative battery cable for several minutes to reset everything, then give it couple hours to reboot everything to normal. About all you can do.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My air suspension has worked flawlessly since I got the truck 3 years ago. The other day I manually lower it to EE for a parking garage. I forgot to raise it when I exited the garage and later noticed while driving on the highway it raised to Aero not Normal as its supposed to do and has done in the past. I manually raised it and the next day noticed that the automatic feature was acting funny. Prior to this issue my truck would lower to Aero in the low 60s and raise to Normal while decelerating. It would shift back and forth on the highway based on my speeds. Now it doesn’t lower ro Aero until 69/70 mph and doesn’t raise to Normal until I get down to about 15mph. It’s totally different in the way it operates prior to the parking garage event. Is there a reset that can be done? I figured maybe the computer is glitchy. I tried turning off the auto Aero and switching back on multiple times but it doesn’t fix my issue. All
height levels work fine manually by the way. Am I missing something? It just seems that it takes too long to get into Aero and doesn’t want to get out of it and back to Normal like it used too.
Any input is appreciated.
I’m pretty sure this is exactly how mine works and has been working this way as long as I can remember. If you leave it in entry exit when it automatically raises it always goes back to aero not normal and mine lowers to aero closer to 70 and will stay lowered until I creep down to close to 15 as you stated. You probably would rather it not be going from aero to normal over and over again while driving any more than it absolutely needs to.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this is exactly how mine works and has been working this way as long as I can remember. If you leave it in entry exit when it automatically raises it always goes back to aero not normal and mine lowers to aero closer to 70 and will stay lowered until I creep down to close to 15 as you stated. You probably would rather it not be going from aero to normal over and over again while driving any more than it absolutely needs to.
Good to hear. Makes me feel a little more confident that maybe nothing is wrong. It would make sense that it is best not to be switching back and forth between normal
and aero so frequently. Just odd that it all of a sudden started operating this way. It’s a bit different from the description in the manual however. Hoping for more input from others. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear. Makes me feel a little more confident that maybe nothing is wrong. It would makes sense that it is best not to be switching back and forth between normal
and aero so frequently. Just odd that it all of a sudden started operating this way. It’s a bit different from the description in the manual however. Hoping for more input from others. Thanks for the reply.
I believe that air suspension is supposed to lower to Aero at 65 and return to Normal at 35 MPH. Of course there's a delay from when your truck actuates the height change to when it gets the to the desired height. Maybe you're just changing speeds faster than it respond.

Sounds like it still works... which is good. Next time you go to the dealer have them take a look. Maybe the compressor is on the way out? You could also leave your truck in Aero and not worry about too much.

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that air suspension is supposed to lower to Aero at 65 and return to Normal at 35 MPH. Of course there's a delay from when your truck actuates the height change to when it gets the to the desired height. Maybe you're just changing speeds faster than it respond.

Sounds like it still works... which is good. Next time you go to the dealer have them take a look. Maybe the compressor is on the way out? You could also leave your truck in Aero and not worry about too much.
Thanks for the info. I will have the dealer take a look but it sounds like you may have explained what’s really going on.

Users who are viewing this thread