5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension Inconsistency

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
I noticed today while highway driving that my air suspension never lowered to aero like it normally does. Anyone else experience this?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the aero mode still selected in settings? Weird things happen sometimes.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I have been dealing with it since I got my truck. Now at 4000 miles I think it has been solved. Truck was stuck most times in aero mode not defaulting to nrh as its supposed to. But if I applied all in manual mode by pressing the button all worked well. The first dealer could not get the truck to throw a code and told me the truck was normal, I explained to dealer it never threw any codes!...lol.

2nd dealer rode with me and confirmed the issue. Also when the truck was stuck in the aero mode pressing the tow haul button would NOT cancel it aero mode by going to default Normal Ride Height. The dealer done an "Adaptive reset". The truck appeared to work perfectly entire day after the reset. Then on two separate occasions the next two days in a row ,truck went back to aero again. Called dealer and he told me to drive a few days by making it select the positions in auto mode.

I continued to drive the truck and its now not had any issues what so ever for over two weeks. I was told by the dealer it had to " re-learn" my and the trucks habits for a few hundred miles after the reset and it would work out,which it has at this point. Hope that helps and hope you update after you get the "adaptive reset " performed.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Yes it is still set to use Aero in the settings. It also did not reset itself to Normal after I manually set to Aero as it typically does once I am no longer at highway speeds. I am going to continue to monitor the situation.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the experience last night (as was reported by another member) of lowering the truck to Entry/Exit with the fob, starting it up a little later, then driving away without the truck ever rising from E/E on its own! I was very surprised when nothing happened at 15-16 mph. I eventually raised it to Normal manually, and it operated as expected after that (i.e. dropping to Aero on the highway, returning to Normal at slower speeds).

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Dealer was telling me the 19's are more adaptive than any year of the trucks yet. was telling me the truck may take more time than usual to learn habits. it seems it was true so far with the suspension so far. Its been working 99 % of time now only getting stuck in aero mode now and them but comes back off after manual push of button. So far it has not stayed E/E yet but will keep posted. Thanks for sharing info.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it is still set to use Aero in the settings. It also did not reset itself to Normal after I manually set to Aero as it typically does once I am no longer at highway speeds. I am going to continue to monitor the situation.
I also left it set to aero in settings as it goes threw the motions that was in auto when I get on highway over 66 mph....some times i run up 67 just a short time so aero turns on so I can watch it work.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

yes I leave it there so it will continue to learn the the truck in auto mode. Dealer suggested leaving it on since the adaptive reset and it works 99% of time correctly now....but it does weird stuff now and then with it.:)

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I brought the truck to the dealer today and now my system is working properly!

They told me they didn't reset anything and couldn't replicate the problem. Sure enough I took it for a test drive with the technician and the air suspension performed flawlessly.

It didn't work properly for 4 weeks. I bring it today and it is working fine. Either it was a miracle or they did something but won't tell me LOL

What are the chances???? Hopefully it will continue to work as advertised now :)

As a side note, I noticed a spot in between two cars while I was there and got a chance to try the auto parallel parking feature. The spot looked kind of tight to me and it had a chain link fence on the inside but it parked the truck right in between the two cars and left me about 18 inches inside the fence! Love it :love:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They told me they didn't reset anything and couldn't replicate the problem. Sure enough I took it for a test drive with the technician and the air suspension performed flawlessly.

It didn't work properly for 4 weeks. I bring it today and it is working fine. Either it was a miracle or they did something but won't tell me LOL

What are the chances???? Hopefully it will continue to work as advertised now :)

As a side note, I noticed a spot in between two cars while I was there and got a chance to try the auto parallel parking feature. The spot looked kind of tight to me and it had a chain link fence on the inside but it parked the truck right in between the two cars and left me about 18 inches inside the fence! Love it :love:

That is almost what happened with me too,but they did perform an adaptive reset and it has only stuck in aero mode two times since! Weird for sure. The Parking sounds really nice,I did not order that package on mine when I ordered it kinda wish I would have. Keep us posted on your suspension :)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just a friendly warning, document everything when you visit service for air ride issues and NEVER leave without the documented service record. They have to document everything, including doing "nothing". If you don't keep track, it can be an expensive learning experience.

Not trying to fearmonger, just sharing advice based on experience with air ride issues.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a friendly warning, document everything when you visit service for air ride issues and NEVER leave without the documented service record. They have to document everything, including doing "nothing". If you don't keep track, it can be an expensive learning experience.

Not trying to fearmonger, just sharing advice based on experience with air ride issues.
Man, you should like a lawyer lol

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have the paperwork!

Users who are viewing this thread