5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension Help!!!

Wicked2407

Reaction score
So yesterday some a-hole lost a unsecured load of unknown items in the highway. I swerved and did my best to avoid it but it was way to many. Any way I hit one..something. bent my wheel and lost air pressure immediately. Any way I put my stock wheels back. But now my air suspension won't work will not raise truck. I hear compressor running but nothing. Then after a few minutes of driving I get a message saying air suspension cooling down. Ride is supper bouncy and harsh. I need help I do t want to ha stealership charge arm and leg to fix it if possible.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So yesterday some a-hole lost a unsecured load of unknown items in the highway. I swerved and did my best to avoid it but it was way to many. Any way I hit one..something. bent my wheel and lost air pressure immediately. Any way I put my stock wheels back. But now my air suspension won't work will not raise truck. I hear compressor running but nothing. Then after a few minutes of driving I get a message saying air suspension cooling down. Ride is supper bouncy and harsh. I need help I do t want to ha stealership charge arm and leg to fix it if possible.
Whatever you hit damaged your air lines or compressor. The reason it's so bouncy is your sitting on the bump stops. Been there, done that.

Wicked2407

Reaction score
Whatever you hit damaged your air lines or compressor. The reason it's so bouncy is your sitting on the bump stops. Been there, done that.
Do you by any chance know what happened to yours? This sucks so bummed out. I feel something really expensive is in my future. Hahaha.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you by any chance know what happened to yours? This sucks so bummed out. I feel something really expensive is in my future. Hahaha.
Crawl under the truck and look for obvious signs of damage if you want to have a go at repairing it DIY.
Unfortunately, unless you know how to purge and recharge the system with right amount of nitrogen, you are most likely better off taking it to the dealer.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Def sucks! I would be concerned about burning up the compressor and the repair bill continuing to get larger. I’d suck up the deductible on insurance and file a claim. Repair will probably be more than the deductible anyway. Good luck.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was caused by a poor B&W gooseneck installation, but you are better off taking it to the dealer. If it is a punctured/broken air line, it will have to be replaced from the compressor to the shock. I doubt it is a damaged compressor because it is op out of harms way for the most part, but anything is possible. Also might have damaged a shock, or just a fitting, but I'm guessing the pressure lines.
You might try filing a claim with your insurance for comprehensive.

Wicked2407

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Def sucks! I would be concerned about burning up the compressor and the repair bill continuing to get larger. I’d suck up the deductible on insurance and file a claim. Repair will probably be more than the deductible anyway. Good luck.
You are on to something. He'll yeah I'm making a insurance claim asap. Better them than me 500 bills deductible is better than thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online