5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Delete

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used the 5th Gen Eibach kit from AirDelete.com to delete your air suspension? Are there other kits that members have tried? I really don't like mine and I'm considering deleting it. I wish we had the option in the US to order our Limited Ram without air suspension.

outnumbered

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I have always liked my trucks lower rather than higher, and the air suspension definitely creates a challenge. But I think I have figured it out. Most know that the Revel links are a quick and easy way to fool the factory air suspension, and allow you to go lower, albeit not as low as I would like to go without the truck hitting the bump stops (hard).

I tried shorter Belltech shocks, which did not work. I tried shock extenders for the stock shocks, which lowered the lower mounting point of the shock (looking to get more compression range), and that didn't work. I replaced the factory bump stops with Belltech stops (I also cut the stock bump stop cups off the truck so that I could raise where the bump stop was actually mounted. That helped a bit, but not to my satisfaction.

Finally, I decided to purchase SumoSprings, customer helper springs (blue), and put those where the bump stops were located. I shortened the Revel links about as much as I could, and then measured the distance between the bump stop plate, to the plate sitting on the axle. I then cut two rings off the SumoSprings. That's it.

If you read about the SumoSprings, you will find that they are actually intended to eliminate rear sag whenever the truck is carrying a heavy load. They also claim that they can be used to replace factory air systems when those systems fail. However, I felt that adding them to my factory system would provide the absorption properties that the Belltech bump stops could not. And they do. Yes the truck rides a little stiffer, but I have yet to experience a harsh "bottom out" instance. And if I want a factory ride, I just switch from "aero" to "normal".

Pics are attached.

thumbnail_IMG_4510.png thumbnail_IMG_4509.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4508.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4507.jpg

Paco

Reaction score
I deleted my 2014 eco with air to a 61112 system from Bilstein, it was the best setup I have ever had.
If they make 1 for the 5th gen, thats the route you should go.
It is 3 inch adjustable, and the ride was as good as my Air.

WI5

Reaction score
I wonder if Air Delete is using AlfaOBD...

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
I wonder if Air Delete is using AlfaOBD...
I called the guys there. He said that he can send instructions for alfaOBD IF I buy the kit. Pretty sure a bit of trial and error and it can be done.

I am convinced now that any kit for the non air suspension can be fit to the air suspension trucks provided it replaces the struts and springs.

Reactions: WI5

Paco

Reaction score
I used Alpha to remove the codes when I removed the air suspension.
No more messages about the air suspension.

Hope that helps.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Interested in this also.. I have a 5 inch lift on my air suspension, wondering if I can simply replace it for a non-air lift kit and get rid of the codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online