5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Cooling Down Please Wait??

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Hi
Today on my city (KUWAIT) the temperature is 38°c (100°F)

When i Switch the air suspension to:
1/from Normal Ride Height to
2/Off-Road 2 then to
3/Entry/Exit Mode Indicator

Then I I got Attention (Air Suspension Cooling Down Please Wait)
Is this normal to air suspension to cool down some minutes ? In this situation?

After 5 minutes i switch back to Off-Road 2 then to normal mode and every things is ok..

Is that normal ??

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m in Canada and the weather rarely gets up to that kind of temperature so I’ve never experienced that but I also haven’t had air suspension since my 2016 Rebel .

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I suspect it's normal.

Eons ago I took a class on the new Lincoln air ride. In the course of demostrating things, the instructor lowered the car completely and then tried to raise it again. A thermal overload tripped in the air compressor halfway up and it just stopped working right there. Twenty minutes later we were able to resume.

Your truck weighs a lot more than a Lincoln Mark VII. Add extreme temperatures and it's pretty amazing it lasted as long as it did.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only time I have seen that is when I had a leak in the system and the compressor was running to long and overheating.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not normal. It get's pretty hot here in Texas, and I've never seen this on my truck. Even after extensive stop/go traffic.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Only have had the issue when my front leveling links were too short. What is the need for so many suspension adjustments?

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
I’m in Canada and the weather rarely gets up to that kind of temperature so I’ve never experienced that but I also haven’t had air suspension since my 2016 Rebel .
The only time I have seen that is when I had a leak in the system and the compressor was running to long and overheating.
Not normal. It get's pretty hot here in Texas, and I've never seen this on my truck. Even after extensive stop/go traffic.
So if i lowered the car and tried to raise it again Continuously three to four times without stopping . It's not come overheated??

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if i lowered the car and tried to raise it again Continuously three to four times without stopping . It's not come overheated??
suppose if a person wants to let their kid play with it for a long period of time. it would most likely become overheated. But why would you want to try and screw it up?

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
suppose if a person wants to let their kid play with it for a long period of time. it would most likely become overheated. But why would you want to try and screw it up?
Actually . The issue is When I tried to lowered the car , I heard sound and thought it was from Air Suspension. After that, I raise the vehicle and lowered it again three to four times Continuously without stopping to make sure that the sound was not from it, and then I paid attention to the message. (Air Suspension Cooling Down Please Wait)

LGBarnett

Reaction score
I live in Louisiana and go out to my Hunting Camp several times during summer heat where I adjust the suspension from Normal to OR1 when I leave tarmac for gravel and then to OR2 when I cross a low water creek crossing going into the campsite. Then I typically will adjust to E/E a short time later at the campsite to unload the truck. Never had this overheating occur.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I live in Louisiana and go out to my Hunting Camp several times during summer heat where I adjust the suspension from Normal to OR1 when I leave tarmac for gravel and then to OR2 when I cross a low water creek crossing going into the campsite. Then I typically will adjust to E/E a short time later at the campsite to unload the truck. Never had this overheating occur.
But you never ".. raise the vehicle and lowered it again three to four times Continuously without stopping"

Scjon03

Reaction score
I live in commiefornia. I mean California. And it’s around 95 to 100 where I live. I was showing my friends the air suspension. Moving it up and down for a while and haven’t had that issue. But I’ll say it’s normal. The system is protecting itself of course.

hunter1234

Reaction score
I have it in my 2016 and will have it in the 2020 ordered but never had that issue but we seldom get those temperatures. I have had the system freeze on me, let it in the entry level for a week in an airport ramp when temperatures reached 20 degrees Fahrenheit below zero for a good part of the week. When I got back and raised it, the unit was frozen and the compressor tried but eventually popped the fuse, only warning was the suspension failure. I did get it to a heated garage and took the hose in the rear right side brake light out, pulled the filter and it seemed to "burp", replaced the fuse and no issue since then. I have heard of others putting brake fluid in that line or compressor fluid meant for the artic but mine just seemed to correct itself after that. Never had an issue again even though it has been through cold snaps of the same or worse temperature. Was unaware until now they had a warning for overheating. As a precaution I no longer keep it at entry level for any length of time during the cold snaps.

Users who are viewing this thread