5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension computer bypass

gilla81

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the computer from automatically raising or lowering the truck when you hit the speed threshold? Is it possible to drive over 5-10mph in entry/exit or off-road 2 mode? Thanks.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the computer from automatically raising or lowering the truck when you hit the speed threshold? Is it possible to drive over 5-10mph in entry/exit or off-road 2 mode? Thanks.
I also thought about this! Adjustable air ride but if you go over the speed threshold it lowers the truck to aero mode, what fun is that?

Reaction score
I believe the hack on the 2019 is to lower the truck to entry/exit, turn off and exit the vehicle, then start the vehicle with the remote starr. You can then enter the vehicle and drive it around stuck in entry mode.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lowering with the keyfob will stick it in entry exit unless you manually raise it or power cycle. You can also raise the truck to OR1/2 and go into alphaodb and make a change to the air system, and it will lock out the air system until a power cycle.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AlphaOBD is an app for your PC or phone you can use to program most of the computer options of FCA vehicles. If you want to tinker or customize anything and do 95% of what a dealer can do, sometimes even more than a dealer can do, it is what you want.

Power cycle is turn it off and back on again.

gilla81

Reaction score
AlphaOBD is an app for your PC or phone you can use to program most of the computer options of FCA vehicles. If you want to tinker or customize anything and do 95% of what a dealer can do, sometimes even more than a dealer can do, it is what you want.

Power cycle is turn it off and back on again.
Is it difficult to use? Ididin't seem RAM listed as a vehicle or unit supported. It looks like it's mostly Fiat's and Alfa's.

I read on a different forum someone was using some kind of suspension links that would keep the ride height selected, but I had no idea what that guy was talking about, and when I asked for more info he told me to gooogle it. You get a lot of results when you google ram 1500 suspension link kit

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's easy. Pick Dodge/Ram. Pick Suspension. Pick ASCM

Hit connect and then Hit the hood open icon.

Set the height you want. Then select disable level control.
Screenshot_20210519-105209_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20210519-105157_AlfaOBD.jpg

gilla81

Reaction score
It's easy. Pick Dodge/Ram. Pick Suspension. Pick ASCM

Hit connect and then Hit the hood open icon.

Set the height you want. Then select disable level control.
View attachment 93914 View attachment 93915
That does look easy. When I click the link you provided to their site, I don't see Ram listed under "supported cars" or "supported units". I also have an iPhone, not an Android. Perhaps that's why I"m having problems. You have to buy the key or module to plug it in under the dash, then you can connect it to your phone, right? I appreciate your help. This is definitely a bit confusing to me.

1621619113590.png

gilla81

Reaction score
a elm237 adaptor ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXGX8V6 ). I have both a obdlink mx and a knock off elm237 and they are the same. the obdlink is slightly faster and in no way is worth the premium.

for ios, you need a wifi version. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F8F6TB/ I don't think alphaodb will work with ios either. use the wifi version and PC I guess?

Thank you for all of your help. Do you have a link where I can read about this? I'm not sure I follow what I need and how it will all work. So since I have an ios I need, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F8F6TB/ is that right? Which is the ios version knockoff of the obdlink mx? Then I need to download what app? I am not sure what you meant by, "use the wifi versiona nd PC I guess" I have a macbook pro, can I even do this kind of thing on that type of laptop? Thanks again for your help. I hope you don't regret responding to me lol.

trezor

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help. Do you have a link where I can read about this? I'm not sure I follow what I need and how it will all work. So since I have an ios I need, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F8F6TB/ is that right? Which is the ios version knockoff of the obdlink mx? Then I need to download what app? I am not sure what you meant by, "use the wifi versiona nd PC I guess" I have a macbook pro, can I even do this kind of thing on that type of laptop? Thanks again for your help. I hope you don't regret responding to me lol.
I am a Mac/iOS guy as well with a ram limited 2021.

Did you figure this out by chance? I’m trying to figure out how to stay on off-road 1 so I can run some 35 inch tires all the time.
Thanks!

plimmy

Reaction score
Following. My check air suspension light comes on all the time now after daystar spacer and revel links (only happened after last dealer service, not sure if they did something..)

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following. My check air suspension light comes on all the time now after daystar spacer and revel links (only happened after last dealer service, not sure if they did something..)
You probably need to rerun the calibration for each height. Don't know, never done it aside from "fixing" the driver front being 2" lower than the rest of the truck

plimmy

Reaction score
You probably need to rerun the calibration for each height. Don't know, never done it aside from "fixing" the driver front being 2" lower than the rest of the truck
How do you do that?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I could have sworn that you can actually turn this off in Uconnect settings. Let me go out and look

JoshBap76

Reaction score
I am a Mac/iOS guy as well with a ram limited 2021.

Did you figure this out by chance? I’m trying to figure out how to stay on off-road 1 so I can run some 35 inch tires all the time.
Thanks!
I also am “all MAC/iOS”.
I really wanna be able to disable the factory level control on my 2020 ram rebel with air suspension. What exactly do I need to buy and do? Thanks in advance-josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online