5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension causing dead battery?

Ramitinher

Reaction score
I’ve had to jumpstart my truck a few times lately and I’m pretty sure it’s related to a problem with my air suspension. I hear the compressor running way more frequently than usual and the battery tested out with no issues. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thinking I could pull a fuse and see if a corner sags, get some soapy mix on all the joints etc; if anyone has any better ideas let me know. Thanks

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like a leak. Soapy water is one of the old standbys. People who service air systems sometimes use ultrasonic audio detection, don't know how sensitive the systems are, maybe you can rent one?

Highlander_1

Reaction score
I’ve had to jumpstart my truck a few times lately and I’m pretty sure it’s related to a problem with my air suspension. I hear the compressor running way more frequently than usual and the battery tested out with no issues. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thinking I could pull a fuse and see if a corner sags, get some soapy mix on all the joints etc; if anyone has any better ideas let me know. Thanks
My GW air compressor would startup’s when ever I unlocked my doors, once I noticed suspension adjustment not available due to hot compressor error I took it in for a service check, they found a bad front air shock bag leaking and ordered a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/