5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension and Lowering the Rear?

clazer

Reaction score
The factory rake is for mileage ratings, not aesthetics. And revel’s response is technically correct but maybe a bit misleading. The truck is just trying to put that sensor arm in a specific position by manipulating air bag pressure. You change the length of the arm, it takes a different air bag pressure to put the sensor arm in the desired spot.

skny

Reaction score
Lift the front (spacers and links) and ride around in aero.

Lowering the rear that much will make it feel like you just had a fist used on you for a prostate exam. Which is fine if thats what you are into.
I just joined this forum; not new to forums, or Ram trucks even, but new to this one. iLikeTurtles - I have seen many responses by you in the few days I've been on the site and have to say, you're the funniest SOB I have ever seen on forums anywhere. Keep up the good work!

Billet_Night

Reaction score
I just installed Revel lowering links on my 2021 Night 4x4.
When set to entry mode, I'm compressing the rear bump stops.
It will automatically go into aero mode and raise just off the bump stops.
Question: what's the part number for some shorter bump stops?
The ride is still pretty smooth, I just want a little more clearance.

Reaction score
I was told you would have to modify the bump stops by 30 %. I haven't investigated anymore yet

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I just installed Revel lowering links on my 2021 Night 4x4.

Could you post pics of "normal" ride height and entry mode?

NDanecker

Reaction score
alphaOBD or dealer can reset what is the normal height for each bag. it can be done with programming.

NDanecker

Reaction score
You really don't need these. They spoof the BCM to think the truck is at normal ride height but its actually not. You can adjust the height using AlphOBD or contact your dealer to adjust. You can't go any lower or higher than what your air suspension can physically go now (EE or OF2).

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot I already responded to this thread. Back to my morning coffee. :oops:

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just installed Revel
lowering links on my 2021 Night 4x4.

HOW DID THIS WORK OUT FOR YOU?

Terrible_One

Reaction score
You really don't need these. They spoof the BCM to think the truck is at normal ride height but its actually not. You can adjust the height using AlphOBD or contact your dealer to adjust. You can't go any lower or higher than what your air suspension can physically go now (EE or OF2).

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot I already responded to this thread. Back to my morning coffee. :oops:

While I agree adjusting in software is the more "elegant" method to adjust the air suspension ride heights, the lowering links are still functional and quicker to add/remove. AlfaOBD requires a software purchase with OBDII connection, and a bit of nail biting if you're not very good at using and navigating around software that makes real-time changes. However, if you want to do more than just adjust your air suspension and do things like set your TPMS settings or LED lights, etc., get the software. Just my .02 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread