5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension and Lowering the Rear?

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I am only thinking about trading my BigHorn for a Limited. But before I do I need to know is there a way to lower the rear the 2" to level the truck while in normal ride height mode? That would give a true 2/4 drop in entry/exit mode, which I am perfectly fine with. This is the only way I will get a truck with air suspension, because I am not a fan of the rake and I don't want to lift the front. Not a fan of that either.

clazer

Reaction score
The rear is easy to adjust. Either make a set of links or buy a set of rear drop links. Shorter=lower

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Is there a company making the shorter links? My searches have come up empty, that's why I was curious if you guys knew of any?

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I thought air suspension came level as it is. As it will air up the rear bags to level if there is a load back there. So no need for a rake. But that’s just my thought.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
The normal driving mode is not level, it has the rake in the rear like a coil spring truck. If there is a load, maybe, but not in the bed is empty.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
That’s stupid. Why do they do that on an air ride? For some reason I thought it was level. That’s first thing I’d fix then. Hate the rake

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The normal driving mode is not level, it has the rake in the rear like a coil spring truck. If there is a load, maybe, but not in the bed is empty.
^^^ This ^^^
Here’s mine for reference. It has a slight rake, but not too bad.

Attachments

• 64AADB33-D539-4892-8A21-BA1EF87B4ED8.jpeg
    64AADB33-D539-4892-8A21-BA1EF87B4ED8.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 123

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
So I talked to Revel and they said with their lowering links they can get the truck to stay in entry/exit mode? Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have this done to theirs? If so, I would be curious to see it and hear how well you like their kit.

Reaction score
There's a auction on ebay that shows before and after but I believe you have to modify bump stops. I can't tell if the pics are with it in entry mode or normal? Anyone done this mod?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So after looking it over you would have to modify the bump stops in the rear of these trucks if you were to ride in entry/exit mode

NJC1684

Reaction score
Assuming if it’s even possible to ride around in e/e it won’t be very comfortable either as the bags will be under inflated.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
According to Revel, the rods change the voltage to read the vehicle is lowered, thus keeping air in the bags. So it shouldn't change the ride comfortability if I am reading it right.

Reaction score
Has no one done this on this forum? There is a silver one on their website that has been dropped. Looks great

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Yeah it does! I am curious if anyone has done it also. I would love some real world feedback.

Reaction score
Maybe i should just give them a call. I'm an old mini truck guy so this is right up my alley if it doesn't ride terrible.

Nanookian

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this. I have the links and was planning to lift to level, as everyone on this forum seems to do, but I really just want level, and tires that fill the wheel wells, not necessarily big wheels.

I think I just put in in tire jack mode and do it, and my links should be adjustable.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Lift the front (spacers and links) and ride around in aero.

Lowering the rear that much will make it feel like you just had a fist used on you for a prostate exam. Which is fine if thats what you are into.

Users who are viewing this thread