5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Adjusting By Itself

TristanS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure there's a thread for this already but I can't find it. Anyway, My 1500 with Air Suspension adjusts its height without my input when the car is off. Sometimes the compressor is on for 1-2 seconds while other times it can remain on for 5-6 seconds. Does anyone know why the suspension is engaging? Does the truck lower itself when its stationary for long periods of time?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's maintaining the ride level you set. As people and stuff get put in/on the truck or get taken out/off, the air suspension will adjust to the weight change. Also, as the suspension heats or cools there's a corresponding change in pressure inside the air bags and pressure is what raises or lowers the truck. So those changes trigger the pump to come on to keep selected ride height even when the truck isn't running.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes it can be someone leaning on the truck that causes just enough change in ride height that the suspension senses that it's not quite at the proper height, so it self-adjusts. Our driveway is a bit uneven, which causes one wheel to sit higher than the rest, so sometimes the truck self-adjusts to regain level, because that one wheel being slightly higher than the rest has thrown it out-of-level.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
Mine also adjusts when I open/close the tailgate and also the doors. But not always. I just chalk it up to the thing has a mind of its own. Which I suppose is factual nowadays.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It self adjusts to level plus it’ll run a self test when the truck is off . My old one used to self adjust while I was gassing it up .

Users who are viewing this thread