5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride System

Marli

Reaction score
Morning all,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me who makes the air ride system for a 1500 Limited? I just got back from the Outer Banks and had a blast driving on the beach. I had a back up air compressor just in case the air station at Oregon Inlet was broke (which it was). After smashing my back up air compressor because it wouldn't work ( $70 wasted; had it a couple years and never used it) I got to thinking if anyone has tapped a quick coupling into the system and if it was possible. I'm looking at an ARB on board but don't want to drop $500-$900 if I don't have to.
Thanks.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Morning all,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me who makes the air ride system for a 1500 Limited? I just got back from the Outer Banks and had a blast driving on the beach. I had a back up air compressor just in case the air station at Oregon Inlet was broke (which it was). After smashing my back up air compressor because it wouldn't work ( $70 wasted; had it a couple years and never used it) I got to thinking if anyone has tapped a quick coupling into the system and if it was possible. I'm looking at an ARB on board but don't want to drop $500-$900 if I don't have to.
Thanks.
The onboard air is a closed system and I believe it uses nitrogen. Go online and look for airlift https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/25690/ if you just want onboard air for general use. You can also go through other parts sources an build your own.

Marli

Reaction score
I’m gonna go with plan A; ARB twin mounted to my Diamondback tool tray when I get around to it. Thanks again.

MetalDog

Reaction score
More information please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARB twin air compressor. I ran 2/0 cable from the front battery to the terminal in the driver side rambox. Make sure you get marine cable and cover it with a corrugated marine protector. I then ran the control cable from the unit along the power cables to where my SwitchPros control unit under the front hood. The ARB twin compressor is heavy, so you will need a backing plate, as the plastic on the Rambox is too thin to withstand any offroad conditions and certainly not corrugations. You can buy the backplate from Marcus at Dethlof Manufacturing.

Marli

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I tried to go the CO2 tank route but that didn’t go well. I ordered the tank, regulator and carry/ protective handle but in the two weeks it took to be delivered, the bottle valve and the handle was bent and the regulator was scratched up. I was also on the hook for the return shipping; $50. Lesson learned. I then ordered an ARB twin compressor similar to MetalDog’s setup, but in a portable case. It fits nicely in my Diamondback tool tray And works like a dream. All that’s left is to wire a connection point near the tailgate, where it’s more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread