5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride Suspension

Stealthall

Reaction score
Quick question - looking at ordering a Ram and curious about the Air Ride functionality…can you lift the truck let’s say 2” from standard and it stay there or does it auto lower after hitting a certain MPH?

It’s my number #1 and only grief about the Ram vs. Sierra AT4 is the lack of aggressive look from just a 2” lift…

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think OR2 gives you 2" but will lower after a certain speed and the ride quality would suck. There are a couple of different options to lift a RAM with the air suspension. The most common that I've seen is a spacer in the front and custom links in the rear. There is an ongoing thread somewhere here about it.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have the air and I like it.

yes it does raise to aero height if you had it on entry/exit after say 100 feet. If you put it in normal it stays there until you lower it.

aero mode just lowers the front an inch or so.

after normal there is only off road 1 which raises it again but only for very slow driving.

tje air does auto level.

I just wish that when you put it n park that it would lower to entry/exit like my grand Cherokee did or at least give me the option to do that.

I think the ride is awesome.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the air and I like it.

yes it does raise to aero height if you had it on entry/exit after say 100 feet. If you put it in normal it stays there until you lower it.

aero mode just lowers the front an inch or so.

after normal there is only off road 1 which raises it again but only for very slow driving.

tje air does auto level.

I just wish that when you put it n park that it would lower to entry/exit like my grand Cherokee did or at least give me the option to do that.

I think the ride is awesome.
Couple of points of clarification:

Aero lowers the whole truck by something like 0.6”, not just the front.

If you have air on a non-Rebel and don’t have the Off-Road Group, you will have both OR1 and OR2 modes. However, if (like me) you have both packages (or a Rebel with air), you only have one “Off Road” mode because your truck is already raised 1” in “Normal”.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, the truck lowers if you exceed the built-in speed limiters.
Normal drops to Aero around 65mph.
Then, if you fall below the threshold, it raises back up to Normal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, the truck lowers if you exceed the built-in speed limiters.
Normal drops to Aero around 65mph.
Then, if you fall below the threshold, it raises back up to Normal.
That’s a setting you can change (the drop to Aero at highway speeds).

But you’re right about the truck automatically raising from Entry/Exit or dropping from Off Road/OR1/OR2 at speed.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait so when you put it in park, it doesn’t automatically go down to entry/exit? And then going to drive/reverse it doesn’t go to normal?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait so when you put it in park, it doesn’t automatically go down to entry/exit? And then going to drive/reverse it doesn’t go to normal?
Nope. You can lower it from the fob, though. And it will automatically raise from E/E at 15+ mph.*

*Unless you remote start the truck, in which case there seems to be a known glitch where the truck stays in E/E until you manually raise it.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, that is a weird glitch
On my Grand Cherokee, I'm pretty sure there's a setting on Uconnect to have it lower to entry/exit when you put it in park. If you open the door, though, it will disrupt the lowering process, so you have to tell your passengers to just hang tight. I've never activated the setting, though, so I don't know if it automatically raises when you shift out of Park, but I think you can only drive so fast in entry/exit so maybe it automatically raises when you reach that speed?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Grand Cherokee, I'm pretty sure there's a setting on Uconnect to have it lower to entry/exit when you put it in park. If you open the door, though, it will disrupt the lowering process, so you have to tell your passengers to just hang tight. I've never activated the setting, though, so I don't know if it automatically raises when you shift out of Park, but I think you can only drive so fast in entry/exit so maybe it automatically raises when you reach that speed?
Yeah I would assume it auto levels on speed but I can see where you want it on the high setting in the parking lot just to look meaner, lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No such setting on the Ram. We’ve discussed all of this on old threads.

Nick57

Reaction score
On my 21 Laramie w/ the air ride add offroad package it only goes up to offroad 1. I did see the post about why. My question is if using the Tazer can you get it to go to lvl 2?

Users who are viewing this thread