5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride Suspension Lifespan

Reaction score
Most issues I’ve read about were on previous generations (pre-2019). I don’t know about longevity, but my 2019 hasn’t experienced issues yet in the heat of Texas summers or cold of Michigan winters.
Hey, Ive got a question regarding air suspension. I have aftermarket links to level the truck out, I want to put it back to stock but the driver side link wont come out, so I bought an entire new ride hight sensor for the front left. I know I have to get it recalibrated from ram but I want to know what will happen when I will replace the sensor? I have no warning or issues with the system just want to get back to normal.

tctundra

Reaction score
Hello, I am on this forum to learn more about a potential purchase.

Been scrolling through but haven't found much info about the air ride suspension longevity. Seems the most I found was 2019 models had either pump issues, valve issue or sensors which seems understandable parts to fail but......

What is the longevity of the shocks themselves. I am a DIY mechanic and taking future maintenance into consideration of my purchase being that the shocks are $800 a piece. On average how many miles does one get with the shocks?

My 2016 ecodiesel had zero issue with the air ride in 117K miles. Still rode great, even on 34" E rated tires. It operated fine in Death Valley at 118 degrees, and Polebridge Montana at -35 degrees. I didn't notice enough degradation in ride to even begin thinking of replacing the air springs/struts. Furthermore, that truck (a laramie with the 6'4" bed had a total payload capacity of 945 lbs (what a joke). I had a bed slide, camper shell, and rooftop tent on it for the trucks entire life, and with a driver was probably overloaded every one of those 117K miles.

I sold the truck last week and got a 2024 Hemi with air-ride, and am happy it's still available 8 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread