5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride pump?

jljbtm

Reaction score
My air ride pump is running longer than normal, it sounds like it's behind the rear bumper. After lowering the truck something continued to run for at least 30-45 seconds as I stood there and waited for it to stop. I have about 90,000 miles should I be concerned?
Jack

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My air ride pump is running longer than normal, it sounds like it's behind the rear bumper. After lowering the truck something continued to run for at least 30-45 seconds as I stood there and waited for it to stop. I have about 90,000 miles should I be concerned?
Jack
I think as long as the system continues to go through the levels (up&down) and the problem does not worsen you are ok. just keep an eye on it.

J33P

Reaction score
Mine does that too. sometimes I wonder what in the world it's doing. Occasionally ill pull fuse 17 and turn the key on, then off, put the fuse back in clear all the codes, seems to reset everything and it's fine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like a leak in the system. Mine doesn't keep running that long.
That said these are suppose to have a great run cycle so the motor should not blow out.

Users who are viewing this thread