5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride, Off Road Kit and Leveling

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
The Off Road Kit rides higher by 1". Does RAM do anything in the suspension to adjust for this, or do they just pump up the Bags more?

Curious as I want to do a leveling kit and I hear if you just do the "links" it makes the suspension ride harsher with the air bags. I wasn't going to do just the links (was going to use the spacer too), but was curious if the same concept applied if RAM Only just pumped up the bags more for the 1" lift on the off-road group.

nukeman

Reaction score
Good question, and I'm not sure there's a good answer. I too have an ORG with air and it is 1" taller than a non-ORG. Mine has both OR1 and OR2 settings because my air suspension went south just after purchase and the dealer re-programmed everything it to have 5 settings...sounds great but OR2 is basically unusable. I have the front/rear Revel links installed to level it, but installing the Daystar spacers soon as well because it's a bit choppy in normal mode.
Not sure if anything chase-wise is different for the ORG trucks, but the UCAs might be?

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Good point on the OCA's they might be... I've learned that we only get 4 air settings and not 5 so I'm leaning toward FCA just inflating the bags a bit more.

tobyd

Reaction score
Good question, and I'm not sure there's a good answer. I too have an ORG with air and it is 1" taller than a non-ORG. Mine has both OR1 and OR2 settings because my air suspension went south just after purchase and the dealer re-programmed everything it to have 5 settings...sounds great but OR2 is basically unusable. I have the front/rear Revel links installed to level it, but installing the Daystar spacers soon as well because it's a bit choppy in normal mode.
Not sure if anything chase-wise is different for the ORG trucks, but the UCAs might be?
nukeman -- when they re-programmed your suspension, are the ride heights now what they would be without the ORG, or is everything 1" higher (maybe apart from E/E)?

Users who are viewing this thread