5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air lift wireless one in floor storage

Hadaway35

Reaction score
Mounted my compressor and manifold in the floor storage compartment. I used a piece of peg board to mount everything to then slide in the bin. Wanted to keep the compressor out of the NY salt and element's. I'll mount in truck this weekend and hook up to the timber Grove air bags that should be here tomorrow.
f784e754e8dfa9afc5ed066841ff4604.jpg
1c816b50006b50fe500a8a12129c8882.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

skee907

Reaction score
Killer idea! I was thinking about doing this for mine as well, since I never use the floor storage for anything else. What model compressor and manifolds did you end up running? The wireless controller tells you the pressure in the bags, right?

Last edited:

Hadaway35

Reaction score
Killer idea! I was thinking about doing this for mine as well, since I never use the floor storage for anything else. What model compressor and manifolds did you end up running? The wireless controller tells you the pressure in the bags, right?
The compressor is the airlift wireless one. Yes the remote tells you the pressure you have it set at.i also ran an extra line to the back of the bed with a Schrader valve in case I need to manually fill or check pressure for any reason.

Hadaway35

Reaction score
That is a great idea. Do you have a parts list that you used?
Timber Grove asm rear bag kit
Airlift wireless one 25870 wireless compressor kit.
Get those two kits and that is everything you will need.

andyc16

Reaction score
Any pics of the line routing and wire routing from the cab and out?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
I did exactly this configuration on my 2014 RAM 1500 and it is a very neat solution. Keeps it out of the mud and prevents the one problem the AirLift systems had (water in the compressor).

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but where did you tap into power? Did you run a fused line to the battery?

Damion

Reaction score
Im kinda interested to see how the air lines were ran into the bin.....

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, autoanything has the best price on the newer wireless one. And if you do the live chat they will take an additional 45 dollars off the price, bringing it to 325 for the new kit with wifi and easy mounting.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, autoanything has the best price on the newer wireless one. And if you do the live chat they will take an additional 45 dollars off the price, bringing it to 325 for the new kit with wifi and easy mounting.

Post the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir.

The picture is incorrect, but the product is the newest part number. You'll notice they have a 20% off coupon, but manufacture restricts that. I was able to get the additional 45 dollars off just by asking in the live chat.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Im kinda interested to see how the air lines were ran into the bin.....
I took the inner bin out (not to be used again) and drilled a couple of 3/4" holes in the outer bin with a hole saw. Air lines in one side, and the plug for the wiring harness out the other side. I mounted the relay high on a bolt that was there to mount the running boards, the relay is waterproof but needs to be grounded.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but where did you tap into power? Did you run a fused line to the battery?
It comes with a wire lead that is long enough to run forward, over the engine (following the exsting engine harnesses) and to a fuse tap that goes in the fuse box.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It comes with a wire lead that is long enough to run forward, over the engine (following the exsting engine harnesses) and to a fuse tap that goes in the fuse box.

Thanks, I would up with the EZ mount version due to availability and pricing. I called Airlift to ensure it will last a while underneath the vehicle and they said the new ones are much more robust so i just went directly to the frame. I will still mount the dryer inside of the little cubby to ensure I'm pulling in clean air. These little setups are awesome.

Did yours have a lead for the ignition wire to to wake it up when the truck is started?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Price must have almost doubled! It is showing $620.99 now! Quite the increase in a couple months

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mounted my compressor and manifold in the floor storage compartment. I used a piece of peg board to mount everything to then slide in the bin. Wanted to keep the compressor out of the NY salt and element's. I'll mount in truck this weekend and hook up to the timber Grove air bags that should be here tomorrow.
f784e754e8dfa9afc5ed066841ff4604.jpg
1c816b50006b50fe500a8a12129c8882.jpg

Very ingenious!

Users who are viewing this thread