5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Lift 1000HD - 4th vs 5th Gen

Myoung84

Reaction score
I have an Air Lift 1000HD kit on my 2019 Classic and just bought a 2020 5th gen Ram. I know that they are different part numbers, but does anyone know what the difference is in the kits? I'd like to reuse if I can make it work.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting airlift?

Myoung84

Reaction score
Thought of that after I posted and called them. Same height bags but the 4th gen is 4-3/8" diameter and the 5th gen is 4-3/4".

dannymcd

Reaction score
I've got them and they stop the bounce but do little for the sag, I think I'm going to take them out and go with the 5000 setup. Despite my box saying it was for the 5th gen the way those pucks fit I think I had the smaller ones.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I have the airlift HD on my Rebel and the bags aren't full height like the 4th gen. They help a little with sag, but not near as much as the 4th gen as the top 3-4" of coil has no bag in it so they flatten out, leaving about 3/4 of the sage it had before bags and the bottom portion with the bag stays similar to pre-bagged. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with a different system with bags independent of springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/