5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air from vents

Svt40

Reaction score
Is there a way to have just the vents on without the truck heating or cooling the incoming air? Even if I have just the fan blowing with recirc off the truck still heats or cools it depending on my temp setting. So can we bypass the temp settings?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there a way to have just the vents on without the truck heating or cooling the incoming air? Even if I have just the fan blowing with recirc off the truck still heats or cools it depending on my temp setting. So can we bypass the temp settings?
Do you have the auto button?

HemiDude

Reaction score
If you have “auto” turned off, and turn your temp all the way down to the lowest numerical value, it will just give you the ambient air

Svt40

Reaction score
If you have “auto” turned off, and turn your temp all the way down to the lowest numerical value, it will just give you the ambient air

Tried it today after work. Everything off and temp set to Low It actually said low when the temp was bottomed out. Got colder than outside air. Also tried it with temp set to Hi and it warmed up the incoming air. I then set it to about 5 degrees above the ambient temp and it warmed the incoming air. Seems I have to set the temp to whatever the outside ambient air is for it to not try to "condition" the air.

HemiDude

Reaction score
If I set the temp to "60" it just brings in the ambient air. I could be mistaken but I think if you set it to "Lo" it wants to turn on the a/c. I believe there might a thread or two on this site discussing a TSB where the dealer did a reprogram of the module, you might search for that if you haven't already.

Svt40

Reaction score
Tried it again this morning. A nice 48º outside. Auto-started the truck to warm it up for 10 minutes. When I got in I set the temp to 60º with everything else off, it still warmed up the incoming air. However after I stopped for breakfast and got back in the truck it was venting properly. So, I wonder if it's a software issue that is preventing it from venting properly once the truck is started in a different mode.

BowDown

Reaction score
Tried it today after work. Everything off and temp set to Low It actually said low when the temp was bottomed out. Got colder than outside air. Also tried it with temp set to Hi and it warmed up the incoming air. I then set it to about 5 degrees above the ambient temp and it warmed the incoming air. Seems I have to set the temp to whatever the outside ambient air is for it to not try to "condition" the air.

I believe that's the truck dehumidifying the cab

Users who are viewing this thread