5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Filter

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
What are you guys running for air filters? It's been a while since I replaced any sir filter, period. When I was younger and didn't know much better, I'd go with Fram. I think once I picked up a drop in K&N, don't think I kept the car long enough to wash it.
Anywho, I'm coming up on my 3rd oil change, I'm a bit over 27k, I think I change when computer reads 10-5%, currently at 17%. I now run Wix, Wix XP for my oil filter, thought I'd get the air filter and cabin filter from same company. Question...how much are y'all paying for air filters? Cuz that baby was a cool $33!!! Its huge, though, I guess

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll probably keep an OEM filter in, or do a dry flow AFE drop in air filter.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I typically avoid K&N drop-ins because of some bad fittings ones I had which allowed unfiltered air to get past them. If you buy a drop-in K&N, make sure it seals up well, and that the box takes some effort to close. Otherwise, it could have a sealing issue.

On my 3rd year, I'll probably be going with Wix. They are owned by Mann+Hummel, who makes a lot of the OEM German car filters, and Wix stuff is always good for a great price. I am going with a paper element since I do a lot of off-roading in a desert environment.

Louhound88

Reaction score
I have a K&N. Recently installed it around 15k miles and it seems to have sealed up well without any gaps. I pulled off the carbon mesh screen too after reading a few posts mentioning it. May not keep it forever, but I did seem to notice a fraction more pulling power under high rpm shifts. It was subtle and i've since gotten used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread