5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Damper

MickeyG

Reaction score
Has anyone had a failure with the air damper which in my opinion is useless unless you want to collect mud. I have 2019 1500 2wd bighorn 3:21 gears. Dealer told me it was defective an the cost to repair was silly for what its benefit is. I still get 20mpg on hwy with 4 all terrain tires for gravel roads instead of the all season tires. city driving has decreased to 14 mpg from 16mph. My issue is the check engine light is always on and from what i have been told can not be bypassed for this function. Anyone have any remedies.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Active Air Dam?
I believe he is talking about the AAD.

Has anyone had a failure with the air damper which in my opinion is useless unless you want to collect mud. I have 2019 1500 2wd bighorn 3:21 gears. Dealer told me it was defective an the cost to repair was silly for what its benefit is. I still get 20mpg on hwy with 4 all terrain tires for gravel roads instead of the all season tires. city driving has decreased to 14 mpg from 16mph. My issue is the check engine light is always on and from what i have been told can not be bypassed for this function. Anyone have any remedies.
If you are asking about the active air dam, lots of us have removed them with no codes. I haven't noticed any significant change in fuel economy since removing it. In fact, I have removed both front air dams. Looks much better IMHO.
New tires front quarter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread