5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Conditioning

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Where did you install it and what does it do and can you provide some pictures of the install and some supporting data?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with my 2021 AC or my current 2023 AC. In central Florida as well. I typically have to turn mine down after driving a little bit. And I stay hot lol

UnloosedChewtoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019s and 2020s (and some 2021s if I remember right) had poor A/C performance from the factory very frequently. Turns out, it was due to a badly designed HVAC system in the dash. There was a TSB for it, involved replacing the entire HVAC box in the dash, pretty involved (labor) fix.

Some 2019 and 2020 owners (me included back when I had my 2020 Limited) installed a check valve in the heater line to the cab, reducing coolant flow in the summer to help boost A/C performance and opening it up in the winter to allow better heat.

If memory serves, late 2021s and newer had the redesigned box from the factory, hence much fewer issues for them.

Users who are viewing this thread