5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning tolerance?

Kob0583

Reaction score
My 20 reads 48 at the vent, it blows cold, though in FL if it’s hot I feel like I need the vents pointed at me but I’m from MN and not a fan of the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did a test with mine today. Thermometer read about 47 degrees at the vent so I think I'm good. Not hot around here in MA yet though...the ambient temp sensor was reading 72, when it was like 55 outside. I popped the sensor out of the mirror, disconnected, and reinstalled per a thread I was reading. we'll see if that helps a little more.

Yup and that 47-48 deg at 55 will turn into low 50’s when it’s 80-90 out. One has to completely forget what AC is supposed to feel like from past vehicles when in these trucks. This is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I never turn the temp down from max cold no matter how long I am driving in it. Especially in temps warmer than 85 deg.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup and that 47-48 deg at 55 will turn into low 50’s when it’s 80-90 out. One has to completely forget what AC is supposed to feel like from past vehicles when in these trucks. This is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I never turn the temp down from max cold no matter how long I am driving in it. Especially in temps warmer than 85 deg.
still think I'm good..did the same test on my 2008 Ford Edge, just to compare..it read 44 degrees..and that thing is plenty cold when I need it to be, so yes, there was a 3 degree diff, but I don't think that's a huge deal.

KcRay

Reaction score
Just for fun, pinch off your heater hose going to the heater core for a 5 minute test. Then you'll see what temperatures the system is capable of, and what it should be blowing if we want it to. Screenshot_20200328-081115_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlash

Reaction score
Yeah, I can tolerate the conditioner as long as it is clean inside and doesn’t have any problems with the filters. Many people don’t take care of their ACs, and then they complain a lot about the “bad conditioner” the producer sold them. I am very responsible for this, so I try to clean it with a special chemical wash from https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/chemical-wash/ because I don’t want to be ignorant and bothered by its functioning.

Last edited:

deadringer

Reaction score
89 degrees the other day and I was getting 45 to 46 degrees while driving. 2021 5.7 etorque.

Users who are viewing this thread