5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air compressor

mike146

Reaction score
What air compressor is everyone using to reinflate tires after off road adventures?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The couple times I have re-inflated after driving on a beach my Viair 400P auto has done the trick.
If I did it more often I would look into getting a co2 inflator setup.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use a GSPSCN 12v inflator I got on Amazon for $67. It will pump up my 33" Duratracs from 25 to 45 psi in about 2 minutes per tire, has an auto shut-off that's accurate as well.

Long enough coiled hose to have it connected to your truck battery and still reach all 4 tires. I personally use a Lithium portable power system to power mine. If you use your trucks battery, highly recommended your truck is running while the compressor is on.

If you aren't off-roading every weekend, this setup is pretty affordable and reasonably to use. If I was off-roading often, I would go with a CO2 tank.

The inflator I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BRT1N1P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use a ryobi tool cost about 80 bucks battery and tool … does good job. and tiny. and can be charged thru trucks outlets

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got one of these from Harbor Freight. I like the idea of having both a jumper pack and the compressor in one unit. Plus, I can easily plug it in to charge while I'm on my highway runs. This is supposed to be a professional version, and there are reviews stating it started a bunch of dead vehicles. Not sure how many tires it can pump up while on battery, but again, I can charge it from the truck. I only wish it had Lithium Ion batteries because it's heavy and kinda big, but at this price point I'm pretty happy.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a viair compressor and a tank mounted under the bed on my chevy 1500 I recently got rid of. I piped an air line to the front and rear bumpers and had quick disconnects for coiled 3/8” air hose. It was pretty extravagant, but nice when I needed it.

mike146

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Seems the same as I found myself, everyone has different ideas. Thankfully I still have 2 to 3 months before the truck arrives. LOL

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I have the viair 400P also. Nice thing about a portable unit is I can move it far enough back to inflate my trailer tires when it's hooked up. Something to consider if you do off-road towing.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mike146

Reaction score
The 400p looks perfect...my main hope with some of these portables would be that I could possibly plug in the wall at home for other things without having to fire up the truck. But not a deal breaker.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Mike, this is what I picked up. I posted about it a little back in the daily thread. It's a little overkill for just doing tires, but if you want something for around home also, it might be what you want. It runs off of the plug in 400 watt inverter in the back seat. Do make sure the truck is running if you plan on using the inverter, of course.

64592_W3.jpg

Bama2020

Reaction score
What air compressor is everyone using to reinflate tires after off road adventures?
I use a dewalt DXAEJ14... Has auto fill and does gret on my 33s....its a nice accessory to keep in the truck.It also has 1400/700 amp jump starter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-182714_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-182714_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread