5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Compressor recommendation

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats good to know. The thought to try had crossed my mind but was quickly dismissed after seeing the 4 amp draw listed on the nameplate. Thought startup would for sure kill the OEM 400W inverter
Yeah the fortress is listed at 2.8 amps or something, so 336 watts which is cutting it close, but no issues so far.

TSL

Reaction score
I recently bought a Viair 450p unit from summit racing (Viair Corporation 45043 VIAIR 450P Automatic Portable Air Compressors | Summit Racing ) and find it pretty good. It's not super noisy and it has an auto shut off so if you're not actively pumping air it shuts off the pump motor.
Only thing I don't like is the lever on the tire gun to lock it onto the valve stem on the tire : it is impossibly tight : I have to press really hard on it with two thumbs to get it to lock on and sometimes it just won't go down and I have to hold it in place with one hand while airing up the tires. It's so difficult I'm thinking I must have got a defective one and contacted summit racing today to ask them if this is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread