5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Compressor Mounting Locations

Sigfla

Reaction score
Rear coupler location. I ran 3 meter steel line then 1/2 DOT poly hose to it.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 11

Sigfla

Reaction score
1/2 hose to remote Viair filters in fender well. There is a nice hole to run them through under the AC line. The Viair’s don’t have an easily detached snap on cover. I ended up losing the filter on my ARB ones initially until I swapped them out. I figured cooler air couldn’t hurt. I might even add 2 more with a splitter.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpeg
    IMG_1560.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sigfla

Reaction score
Would love a strut from the front corner down to the shock strut bolt underneath. It would keep the mounting plate from flexing downward when you put pressure on it from the top to plug in an air fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 12

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the latest production version. I also gave some input. I suggested a remote location for the air coupler and manifold near the air box. It’s a great design I just didn’t like the mount flexing downward when I had my air chuck facing upwards. I moved it horizontally and it’s more solid now when you plug in.
ill have to take a pic of what I did when I finally bring the truck out lol

edit:
I also use a MORRFLATE Quad 4 way hose system to air up and down.
1719218592872.png
No need to run air to the back or do each tire individually.
Just need to figure out a way (and cough up the $$) to get and install the automatically shutoff with set pressure. That way, I can just set the hoses, set the pressure (airing up or down), go chill and wait for the ARB to stop by itself (since I have pressure switch and manifold ARB will stop itself when pressure threshold is achieved).

But with the hose kit, it is so much easier with airing up and down. I can do all 4 tires at the same time, with equal pressure on all 4 (I know Rebel calls for higher PSI in the rear but I just do equal pressure for all 4). AND, since I know my pump and time it takes to air up and down, I can walk away, have a snack, smoke a ciggy, grab a drink, change the settings on my Fox, all while the tires are being inflated or deflated! No more squatting next to the tires 4 times to get them up or down lol

Last edited:

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
ill have to take a pic of what I did when I finally bring the truck out lol

edit:
I also use a MORRFLATE Quad 4 way hose system to air up and down.
View attachment 185241
No need to run air to the back or do each tire individually.
Just need to figure out a way (and cough up the $$) to get and install the automatically shutoff with set pressure. That way, I can just set the hoses, set the pressure (airing up or down), go chill and wait for the ARB to stop by itself (since I have pressure switch and manifold ARB will stop itself when pressure threshold is achieved).

But with the hose kit, it is so much easier with airing up and down. I can do all 4 tires at the same time, with equal pressure on all 4 (I know Rebel calls for higher PSI in the rear but I just do equal pressure for all 4). AND, since I know my pump and time it takes to air up and down, I can walk away, have a snack, smoke a ciggy, grab a drink, change the settings on my Fox, all while the tires are being inflated or deflated! No more squatting next to the tires 4 times to get them up or down lol
The 4 way hose is the way to go, I’ve been running mine for about 6 months now and it’s so convenient. Airs all 4 tires from 20 PSI to street pressures in about 6 minutes and then I’m good to go.

aprez

Reaction score
I went with the rambox install. Just have to swap out the extended harness that doesn't seem to be working with some marine grade wiring.

Compressor installed 2.jpg Compressor installed 3.jpg Rambox Full.jpg

Attachments

• Compressor installed.jpg
    Compressor installed.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 4 way hose is the way to go, I’ve been running mine for about 6 months now and it’s so convenient. Airs all 4 tires from 20 PSI to street pressures in about 6 minutes and then I’m good to go.
yeah. been running the 4 way hose since 2020 and it's such a game changer.
while my other friends are taking forever to air up and equalizing pressures individually, i just chill LOL

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah. been running the 4 way hose since 2020 and it's such a game changer.
while my other friends are taking forever to air up and equalizing pressures individually, i just chill LOL
You're a better man than me. I wouldn't wait for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/