5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Break Sound

Krootz

Reaction score
OK buddy. If you say so. I find it odd that everyone is reporting air escaping noises though. You got anything to back up your theory?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The air suspension on the RAM is a closed system (nitrogen). I've attached a document for the nerds :p

1592328612986.png

Attachments

• 02 - Front Suspension:Air Suspension:Description DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION.pdf
    251.4 KB · Views: 17

jerryw1000

Reaction score
The air suspension on the RAM is a closed system (nitrogen). I've attached a document for the nerds :p

1. Okay....just telling you what I heard. I'm 71 years old and drove a air brake motorhome for 10 years and I know what moisture ejectors sound like. That's similar to the sound I heard.

2. All that info you provided is for the 4 corner air suspension. I don't have that. I have the "Auto Level Rear Air Suspension". I'm not curious enough about it to look but if you find the correct info and post it I'll be glad to read it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
2. All that info you provided is for the 4 corner air suspension. I don't have that. I have the "Auto Level Rear Air Suspension". I'm not curious enough about it to look but if you find the correct info and post it I'll be glad to read it.
Which is what we are discussing here, and relevant to the 1500 forum.
This is the reason I posted this document. If it doesn’t apply to you, then by all means, ignore it.

Krootz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, that’s what I was looking for. Regardless, the air release going back to the tanks will probably sound similar to air break release to atmosphere if the tanks are not wrapped in some sort of insulation/sound deadening material.

Sounds logical to me that would be the culprit

Ram@1985

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been driven my truck for the past 3 years and yesterday was the first time I heard that noise. That was loud!!! Did you ever got issues or had to take it to the dealership?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been driven my truck for the past 3 years and yesterday was the first time I heard that noise. That was loud!!! Did you ever got issues or had to take it to the dealership?
No issues so far.
Just vented couple times, not sure why.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here.
Mine has popped off a couple times one afternoon and that was it.

Ram@1985

Reaction score
I hope not, I might purchase an extended warranty. You never know what would be next.
Thank you

jimbotron

Reaction score
Mine did this today for what I think was the first time. I had the truck running and I was walking around it and could lightly hear the compressor running for an extended period of time. Turn the truck off and heard the same air brake type sound. Turned it back on and it was perfectly fine.

I also have a 2020 limited for what it's worth.

Domt1775

Reaction score
Just had this happen to me on my 2022 Limited no codes or anything- any of you have any issues with this since?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/