5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air bag suggestions

Dave L

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab V6. I'm towing a 2021 Rockwood Roo 233S. UVW is 5111 CCC is 1541 Specs on truck are GVWR 6900 GCWR 11900 Payload 1786. I'm using a EAZ lift elite wdh. Would an air bag kit help with squat and handling and if so, what's some recommendations out there that is fairly easy for a DYI'er to install? Also would a hellwig sway bar add any improvements? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone says a Hellwig is a necessity. I need to order one.

Airlift 1000HDs are a good in-coil bag for helping level out the truck in conjunction with the WDH.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
I run the air lift 1000hd in my truck. No hellwig sway bar though. My camper is a fair amount heavier and I do use a hensley wdh but the bags keep my truck pretty level

323F2R

Reaction score
I just installed the Air L,ft 1000HD on 2020 Classic 1500 crew cab 2x2. Installed to add a little cushion when towing my Coleman 1905 single axle trailer. I used a weight distribution hitch also.

installed the bags myself and found at 40 psi, the passenger rear wheel wheel is 39-1/4 in off the ground. The driver side is 38-1/4 off the ground At the same pressure. Bags are connected together with a tee at the rear license plate. Reducing pressure to 20 psi the differences are greater: Passenger at 39-3/8 while Driver at 37-1/2.

I have checked lines - plus let it sit for 2 days - no leaks. cycled pressure up and down multiple times - no change in the results. I don’t have a height measurement before I started.

I am baffled!! Appreciate any ideas.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Air L,ft 1000HD on 2020 Classic 1500 crew cab 2x2. Installed to add a little cushion when towing my Coleman 1905 single axle trailer. I used a weight distribution hitch also.

installed the bags myself and found at 40 psi, the passenger rear wheel wheel is 39-1/4 in off the ground. The driver side is 38-1/4 off the ground At the same pressure. Bags are connected together with a tee at the rear license plate. Reducing pressure to 20 psi the differences are greater: Passenger at 39-3/8 while Driver at 37-1/2.

I have checked lines - plus let it sit for 2 days - no leaks. cycled pressure up and down multiple times - no change in the results. I don’t have a height measurement before I started.

I am baffled!! Appreciate any ideas.
Gas tank makes the truck sit crooked naturally.

323F2R

Reaction score
Gas tank makes the truck sit crooked naturally.
The tank is only half full.

So, I should not worrying about that 1-2 inch difference or
I should remove the tee in the air lines so I pressurize each bag differently to level the bed???

Think you, very much appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread