5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aftermarket wheels and spare???

dano257

Reaction score
I installed after-market wheels on my 2019 Ram. The same size as stock but with 275/60/20 tires instead of the 275/55/20. The wheels have a socket that can go on an impact. Do you keep an impact in the truck for a roadside emergency? With the size I put on can I use the stock spare in a pinch? I do have a matching 5th wheel but has a different offset. If I put a tire on that would that be ok? Not sure it would fit in the spare tire area under the truck..... Curious how people prepare for a roadside tire change.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed after-market wheels on my 2019 Ram. The same size as stock but with 275/60/20 tires instead of the 275/55/20. The wheels have a socket that can go on an impact. Do you keep an impact in the truck for a roadside emergency? With the size I put on can I use the stock spare in a pinch? I do have a matching 5th wheel but has a different offset. If I put a tire on that would that be ok? Not sure it would fit in the spare tire area under the truck..... Curious how people prepare for a roadside tire change.
A lot of times, sockets like that will have a hex on the end so you can also use a standard lug wrench from your vehicle, and not just a ratchet or impact. Depending on the hub bore of the aftermarket wheel, you should be able to mount it in stock spare tire location. A few have bought like 3/8 or 1/2" hubcenteic whee spacers to be able to use the stock spare tire hoist for aftermarket wheels with larger hub bore.

Users who are viewing this thread