5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Transmission Pan for 8HP75?

RAMSTER@

Reaction score
2019 Ram, Bighorn Crew Cab, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75 trans

I'm looking for an aftermarket transmission pan that is not integrated with the filter for the 8HP75. $165 clams for that mopar replacement is total BS.

Obviously the trans fluid needs to be replaced around 40-50k as I'm planning on keeping the truck. No matter what the "service" interval states there's no way you can go lifetime on the trans fluid.

So I see that the part numbers for the pan/filter replacement is the same for the 8HP70 and the 8HP75 (68225344AA). I also see that PPE makes an aftermarket pan for the 8HP70 for about $263 including the filter. It adds about 2 more quarts as well.

So the question is, will the aftermarket pan for the 8HP70 work for the 8HP75? I emailed PPE to see, but seems like this should be a fit. Only potential issue is the exhaust crossover on the 5.7L that's right under the front of the pan. Anyone know if this is correct?

bluecrewnuke

Reaction score
I would sign up for that if you track one down. I'm going to be swapping over to Amsoil early in the game. On a related note, is there a pre-fab heat shield for that exhaust pipe? It sure seems such a rig would cut way down on the heat input to the fluid. I'm considering header wrap.

RAMSTER@

Reaction score

This is the pan. From what I'm reading this should be the same for the 70 and the 75. Not sure on heat shield - but that's an interesting point. I wonder if someone could take a picture of how the ecodiesel exhaust runs under the trans - that would help see if that would fit on the 75 with how the exhaust is routed.

RAMSTER@

Reaction score
After looking closer at this - the added depth is in the back of the pan. If the bolt pattern and pan depth on the front are the same and the filter attaches to the trans correctly, why wouldn't this work? I don't believe the there are any changes between the 70 and 75 except for internals.

Users who are viewing this thread