5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket subs and amp installation to factory unit

Subampsubamp

Reaction score
I purchased
2 Skar 10" VS-10 D4
Skar RP-1200.1D amp
Sealed enclosure designed for under back seat
Kicker 47KEYLOC & LC7i
OFC Wiring Kit
What else do I need to get this setup up and running? Is this install something I could tackle myself or better to take it to a shop?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased
2 Skar 10" VS-10 D4
Skar RP-1200.1D amp
Sealed enclosure designed for under back seat
Kicker 47KEYLOC & LC7i
OFC Wiring Kit
What else do I need to get this setup up and running? Is this install something I could tackle myself or better to take it to a shop?

You need to post what system you have (Alpine, HK, etc). Different systems require different parts. Others that have done these upgrades will soon chime in to help.

Subampsubamp

Reaction score
You need to post what system you have (Alpine, HK, etc). Different systems require different parts. Others that have done these upgrades will soon chime in to help.
Neither Alpine nor HK. It's a 2022 Big Horn V6 ETorque.

Subampsubamp

Reaction score
Would the PAC AmpPRO AP4CH41 with wiring harness for 2022+ model be worth it or could I just use the LOC?

Subampsubamp

Reaction score
If all you are looking to do is add bass to your system just use an LOC either the LC2i or the Kicker KEYLOC both work great.
For starters, I'm adding a pair of subwoofers. Eventually I would like to upgrade speakers in the door and dash. Would it be worth buying the AmpPRO as a way to future proof any upgrades or will the LOC do the same thing?

spyder

Reaction score
I've just got the base level sound system and would like any sort of upgrade. It isn't horrific, but while doing 80mph down the freeway with the windows down, it isn't loud enough to sing along to. I don't want to spend a bunch of money or do a bunch of dash removal so I may just have to live with it.

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Ok so for future proofing I’ll give you three options:

Best: DSR1 this will give you all outputs needed plus had a built in DSP

Better: AMP pro give a clean signal to your amplifier even with volume turned all the way up

Cheapest: LC7i works great if you don’t mind messing with settings. The factory radio does clip around volume 27 so you that will be your new max volume. Also the factory eq is a little wonky lacking low end and some mid bass. There is a way if you have a alfaobd to change the cabin:eq curve so you will get a flat output but still will only let it get to volume 33 without clipping. If you don’t want to mess with Alfaobd then just make sure you set the accubass so you won’t lack lows.

I have an LC7i on my build with no issues all connections can be made under the driver seat using the ANC-CH01 so no wires need to be clipped.

Users who are viewing this thread