5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket sub location?

delan007

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm getting a Ram 1500 in the spring and have been doing tons of research. One thing I am having trouble finding is a location to mount a sub enclosure with an Alpine type r sub and a mounting depth of 6-3/8" and overall depth of 7-3/8", any ideas? Fox Acoustics had a under drivers seat enclosure that went into a hole under the driver's seat, but isn't compatible with the 2019 as an amp or control module is there now. Fox has dual enclosures for under the rear seat, but that would mean buying another or different subs.

I don't suppose there's any other locations or anyone has any ideas for single sub enclosure locations?

Thanks very much!

PS can anyone please measure for me the space height under both the rear passenger/driver sides seat? Much appreciated!

Hackmunch

Reaction score
i put a single 10" ultimax under the passenger seat. has a mounting depth of 5.7"

delan007

Reaction score
Thanks Hackmunch! Is it an odd shape? How did you build a box for that? Any pics available?

Hackmunch

Reaction score
box is 1cft internal. 3" aero port tuned to 31hz. im using a 10" ulitmax sub on a hetz hdcp1 amp. gets very low and loud. peaks at 41hz

Attachments

• ram box 1.png
    ram box 1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
  • ram box 2.png
    ram box 2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 84

delan007

Reaction score
box is 1cft internal. 3" aero port tuned to 31hz. im using a 10" ulitmax sub on a hetz hdcp1 amp. gets very low and loud. peaks at 41hz
That looks sick bro! Did you make the box yourself? Does it block any of the in-floor storage bins? Do you have any specs/dimensions of the box handy?

Thanks!

Hackmunch

Reaction score
yes i built it my self. it only blocks the passenger side bin. the box only is as wide as the passenger rear seat. i drive with the drivers rear seat up for my dog so i didnt make it any wider.

Attachments

• ram box 3.jpg
    ram box 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • ram box 4.jpg
    ram box 4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • rambox 5.jpg
    rambox 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25

delan007

Reaction score
Thanks so much man!

I may end up buy the fox box still if it doesn't block the storage areas. My 12" Alpine type r will take up too much room. I may buy the ulitmax you recommend as they look like beasts. I'm worried though because the quality control of the 10" is apparently horrible. I'll have to see when the times comes I guess! Bonus with the fox box is it's finished very nice with the ram logo on it!

Hackmunch

Reaction score
the dayton audio ultimax 10" is a beast. i have built tons of audio projects in my days and i have never had a 10" get this low. especally in a 1cft enclosure. very impressive.

Esworld05

Reaction score
That's the one thing that turned me off the fox box, the finish. I would prefer vinyl or even carpet.

delan007

Reaction score
the dayton audio ultimax 10" is a beast. i have built tons of audio projects in my days and i have never had a 10" get this low. especally in a 1cft enclosure. very impressive.
It's pretty well priced so maybe I'll give it a try. It's been around for years so maybe the issues are gone. I'd be getting 2 if I got the fox box!

That's the one thing that turned me off the fox box, the finish. I would prefer vinyl or even carpet.
To each their own I guess? I think it looks sick in the photos especially with the Ram logo!

Users who are viewing this thread