5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Steering wheel?

Jack.

Reaction score
Anyone did any after market steering wheel swap? Came across this on ebay and i think i might grab it and see how everything will fit, can prob get from alibaba for like 200 bucks as well LOL

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inhave a carbon fiber steering wheel showing up next week from zen carbon fiber. Pricey but it’s one of the only carbon wheels that retains heating

Jack.

Reaction score
Inhave a carbon fiber steering wheel showing up next week from zen carbon fiber. Pricey but it’s one of the only carbon wheels that retains heating
I ordered one from ebay that has the heating function, it was this same buyer but he had another listing that i saw. Mine, however wont be coming in until mid november. Btw im a huge fan of your channel!

Reaction score
I ordered one from ebay that has the heating function, it was this same buyer but he had another listing that i saw. Mine, however wont be coming in until mid november. Btw im a huge fan of your channel!
Did you order the one you posted the link to? Did you pay 650? I saw a few on ali as well for about $300-$350. The pictures look identical, and even the ebay one is shipped from China. So I'd assume theyre the same.
I might pull the trigger on that one as well, just not sure ebay or alibaba just yet. I have the heated steering wheel as well in my Laramie.
But im probably going to need to add more carbon fiber to the truck. Going to order the pieces ebay. Let me know how the steering wheel goes.

Last edited:

Jack.

Reaction score
Did you order the one you posted the link to? Did you pay 650? I saw a few on ali as well for about $300-$350. The pictures look identical, and even the ebay one is shipped from China. So I'd assume theyre the same.
I might pull the trigger on that one as well, just not sure ebay or alibaba just yet. I have the heated steering wheel as well in my Laramie.
But im probably going to need to add more carbon fiber to the truck. Going to order the pieces ebay. Let me know how the steering wheel goes.
I'm still waiting for mine to ship. As soon as I get it I will update this post!

Jack.

Reaction score
Just an update on this post, the ebay seller got back to me and my steering wheel got shipped. Here is the pic he sent me of it. So it seems that this one is straight plug and play with heated connector included so no modification is needed. steering wheel 1.jpg steering wheel 2.jpg

sep1006

Reaction score
Keep updating please, very interested in this and how it goes. Something I have seriously been considering.

Jack.

Reaction score
So an update. It's not a true plug n play. You have to still solder the heated wires. I did the full install following waterfowler vid cept I now have a ticking noise and can't firgure out what it is to save my life.

I dont think it is the clock spring because it doesn't tick when I turn it without the wheel. Only with the wheel on that it make the clicking noise

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jack. Not sure if you solved the issue but let me know if you need some help. I know what's causing the issue and figured out a way to fix it. The white clock spring trigger is not fully depressed by the new wheel.

Standing Wolf

Reaction score
I am placing my order from zen. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can purchase the connectors for the heating wires. I really would like to use them instead of cutting them. I have a 2021 Ram Rebel. Thanks in advance.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am placing my order from zen. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can purchase the connectors for the heating wires. I really would like to use them instead of cutting them. I have a 2021 Ram Rebel. Thanks in advance.
My wheel from Zen came with connectors already on the harness

Users who are viewing this thread