5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Steering Wheel - Carbontastic

Tesla

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the steering wheel on their 5th gen with an aftermarket one? I was looking at the Carbontastic steering wheel which looks nice, but you would lose the heated wheel functionality

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would certainly miss the heated steering wheel function when it's below freezing out (like it is right now in Buffalo, New York)!

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I considered it prior to getting my Limited. I like the look and feel of something other than a fully leather steering wheel so the aftermarket was appealing. Found a Canadian company that recently started producing carbon steering wheels (among other things) that offered better prices (w/install) than the Carbontastic ones you're talking about but I believe they're not heated as well. I never got to the point of asking as I was just in the "I wonder...:unsure:" stage of things.

Alas, I have my Limited and really don't NEED a dope aftermarket steering wheel right now, especially with so many other things I want to do to my truck higher on the priority list, but maybe down the road I'll revisit the thought. If any Canadians (or you fellas to the south looking to save $$$) want to know where to get your hands on some let me know, I know they'd appreciate the business as they're a small company.

Following the thread to see if anyone's pulled the trigger on this.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, hello! Sorry I didn't reply back to you right away. We had quite a windstorm in Buffalo, Saturday into Sunday, and it knocked out Spectrum Cable. Wasn't able to get onto the computer until Sunday night. Missed seeing the Bills game but was able to listen to it on the radio. Too bad they lost in overtime.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread