5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Running Board Recommendations?

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
Just picked up my first truck ever, a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab in Granite! As a man that stands at a TOWERING 5’4”, the first order of business is to install running boards so I can comfortably enter and exit my new vehicle without bringing too much attention to the fact that I’m clearly trying to compensate for my micropenis. I was initially thinking just getting the OEM chrome cab length ones directly from Mopar (since I dont have the Sport Appearance package, and therefore have a lot of chrome on my truck), but I’m starting to second guess myself about maybe getting black. I was hoping this community could help give me some recommendations on which direction to go and which running board options are quality.

Also, if anyone wants to give me ideas, pics of your own set up are more than welcomed!

jmk77379

Reaction score
I installed AMP PowerSteps, a little more expense but I love them, I went back and got the retractable bed step

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my first truck ever, a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab in Granite! As a man that stands at a TOWERING 5’4”, the first order of business is to install running boards so I can comfortably enter and exit my new vehicle without bringing too much attention to the fact that I’m clearly trying to compensate for my micropenis. I was initially thinking just getting the OEM chrome cab length ones directly from Mopar (since I dont have the Sport Appearance package, and therefore have a lot of chrome on my truck), but I’m starting to second guess myself about maybe getting black. I was hoping this community could help give me some recommendations on which direction to go and which running board options are quality.

Also, if anyone wants to give me ideas, pics of your own set up are more than welcomed!
I have the ram long chrome ones and I like them. Not sure what they cost as I had them include them in the purchase price. I think the black look nice, I was just wondering about paint chips and rust in the black ones? So I went with the chrome

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

See post #30 for some factors for your decision. If you buy aftermarket try to be aware of the length as well as the width. I purchased off of ebay for a quick fix and paid $160. Not bad, but I would probably leave them if the length was a little longer. side tire to tire.JPG

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I went with iconic nerf bars in black with 6" step pads

Attachments

• 20200207_124345.jpg
    20200207_124345.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 141

Crappie330

Reaction score
Went with the Tyger Auto blade style, heavier than I expected but solid. Look similar to the Mopar “off road” running boards.

Attachments

• A098347C-F51B-493B-B166-505BCEE4F616.jpeg
    A098347C-F51B-493B-B166-505BCEE4F616.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 5E73F156-CEF0-4670-BB04-3E7B43BFC5EA.jpeg
    5E73F156-CEF0-4670-BB04-3E7B43BFC5EA.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 864B76FC-DD25-401A-83BD-24E5615CACA7.jpeg
    864B76FC-DD25-401A-83BD-24E5615CACA7.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 130

Bubba33

Reaction score
I have the RC hd 2, they fit flush and you don't see a gap between bottom of the body and steps. 20191229_153233.jpg

burntomaro

Reaction score

Same. Love the look and not very many people have them. Price was good too.

AD8-F7-EF7-D24-C-4133-B563-74-F0401-B8-DFD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/