5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket LED headlamp problems

mjpowers728

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't in the right board...
I replaced my factory halogen headlights and taillights with aftermarket LEDs and housings. About 2 months ago, the passenger-side low beam completely went out. Each side would occassionally cut out last winter, but it was always temporary. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent a completely new unit. Over the last few days, it has intermittently cut in and out. It's always the pass-side low beam, everything else works fine. Since it was replaced and I'm having the same issue, I can't imagine it's the headlight. Any thoughts? I live in Michigan and it only gives me issues in the winter, maybe the cold weather is affecting the wire harness?
2021 Big Horn with Morimoto XB LED headlights

Thanks!

Ryno

Reaction score
Do you have alfaOBD? Might help to change the the lights to LED in your BCM config.

njfreekshow

Reaction score
do you happen to know the power of the bulbs? might be too powerful and shutting it down.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe try warming the back of the headlight and wiring with a hair dryer. Plastic/rubber actually expands when cold, it's possible a connector isn't fully seated and cold weather is enough to separate a connection.

Did they send you a new wiring harness with the new lights? Also, did you use dielectric grease?

Users who are viewing this thread