5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket front bumper

blacksheep37

Reaction score
Due to a moment of stupidity, I have the opportunity (need) to replace my front bumper. Any suggestions on an aftermarket option? Maybe something that has a lightbar in it and will allow me to reuse my parking sensors (I promise I'll keep them on this time).

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reactions: Av1

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

My son has a some a**hat nearby who cannot help but hit my son's bumpers. He'll wake up and his truck will have another bumper scar.

I think steel is the solution.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wicked Bumpers also has a rear bumper available now for the 1500s as well. This is a photo during the test fit and is unfinished, with only tack welds and no tow hooks. I should be picking it up soon to get to powder coater.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_174805.jpg
    IMG_20230928_174805.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 95

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A vote for ADD. The wait was long but worth it.

I fabbed up some foglights on the sides, not really functional yet. Working on getting another set up for functional fogs.

Attachments

• 20220604_163542.jpg
    20220604_163542.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220604_163616.jpg
    20220604_163616.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20230721_142917.jpg
    20230721_142917.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20231006_185121.jpg
    20231006_185121.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 117

blacksheep37

Reaction score
A vote for ADD. The wait was long but worth it.

I fabbed up some foglights on the sides, not really functional yet. Working on getting another set up for functional fogs.

This is what I'm leaning towards.

I'd love to see more in your fogs with that bumper

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta say, I REALLY like the Wicked Bumper look. If it came painted or, better, powder coated I would call them today.

Meantime, I want to see more pix. ;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta say, I REALLY like the Wicked Bumper look. If it came painted or, better, powder coated I would call them today.

Meantime, I want to see more pix. ;)
They do come powder coated

Reactions: c3k

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do come powder coated

I read on their site that they were priced as bare steel? What is the powder coat cost? (<- if you know)

How difficult is it to relocate the bumper sensors? Do you need any new cables/extensions or a different sensor surround/mount? And, final question: what size lights fit in the foglight model?

(Hmm...based on my questions, I guess I should contact Wicked Bumpers and ask them. ;) )

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read on their site that they were priced as bare steel? What is the powder coat cost? (<- if you know)

How difficult is it to relocate the bumper sensors? Do you need any new cables/extensions or a different sensor surround/mount? And, final question: what size lights fit in the foglight model?

(Hmm...based on my questions, I guess I should contact Wicked Bumpers and ask them. ;) )
$200 for powder coating, at least that's what he quoted me. I had mine done at a different shop to match the BTS bumoer texture. Wicked Bumpers uses a light texture black, anything different is an upcharge

Nothing special needed for sensors. They can be a little tight just due to variance and coating thickness. He has zip ties holes in bumper for the harness.

22" light bar if you get the square tube bull bar. Not sure about round tube. I don't think round tubes look right in a square bumper

Lights are your standard flush mount. I'm running the cheaper Rough Country ones. Spot in middle flood in outside.

Rough Country 2" Black Series Flush Mount Cree LED Lights | Pair - 70113BL https://a.co/d/ciMMAfh

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: c3k

smvogel73

Reaction score
Nice work on your new bumper. Looks nice! I have a couple of questions for you. I, too, wish to swap out my front bumper due to a dent in the OEM one when I bought the truck. I found a nice powder coated and relative simple bumper pretty cheap as an open-box return (IronBison Barde) and planning to do the swap over Christmas break. I notice you removed the active air dam, which I plan to remove too. Did it throw any error codes by removing it? Also wondering if your bumper utilizes the multiharness that the stock bumper uses for all the sensors and the fog lights? Because if not, I’d be interested to know if disconnecting that threw any codes either? Thanks in advance for any info you can offer here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work on your new bumper. Looks nice! I have a couple of questions for you. I, too, wish to swap out my front bumper due to a dent in the OEM one when I bought the truck. I found a nice powder coated and relative simple bumper pretty cheap as an open-box return (IronBison Barde) and planning to do the swap over Christmas break. I notice you removed the active air dam, which I plan to remove too. Did it throw any error codes by removing it? Also wondering if your bumper utilizes the multiharness that the stock bumper uses for all the sensors and the fog lights? Because if not, I’d be interested to know if disconnecting that threw any codes either? Thanks in advance for any info you can offer here.
Removing the active air dam will usually throw a CEL at first atart, but you an clear it and it won't come back. But there will be a stored soft code.

As for the parking sensors, my bumper has the holes for them and uses the factory harness, with spots to attach the harness with zip ties

Users who are viewing this thread