5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aftermarket exhaust ??

hotsht333

Reaction score
if i install an aftermarket exhaust will that affect my warranty ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, I have had several aftermarket exhausts and never had any warranty problems . It’s a matter of them proving that because you went with (A) that caused (B) this failure.

But as I always say if you have concerns, stay stock and keep that peace of mind. If you are going aftermarket, do you have a certain one in mind ?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I have never had a problem with after market exhaust affecting warranty of any brand truck I have ever had. It has never even been brought up, but I will say, have always had good service managers with local dealerships of all brands as well.

hotsht333

Reaction score
Hello, I have had several aftermarket exhausts and never had any warranty problems . It’s a matter of them proving that because you went with (A) that caused (B) this failure.

But as I always say if you have concerns, stay stock and keep that peace of mind. If you are going aftermarket, do you have a certain one in mind ?
not for sure on the brand, been looking at carven, dont want anything extremely loud but i would like a little more rumble

John813

Reaction score
IMO the only issues that come with the warranty and exhaust work comes when you mess with the cats or the headers.

If you don't want loud, but want a rumble go with Magnaflow or Borla Touring.

Carven is loud.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You could always just add a aftermarket exhaust and keep that stock look coming out the rear.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO the only issues that come with the warranty and exhaust work comes when you mess with the cats or the headers.

If you don't want loud, but want a rumble go with Magnaflow or Borla Touring.

Carven is loud.
I got the Magnaflow and am 100% satisfied. It's a liitle more aggressive than stock with nice low note.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I installed the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler. The key is getting offset inlet and offset outlet so you can use a straight pipe extension. I used a 3" x 14" stainless. The hanger needs to be mounted to the pipe just behind the muffler.
Easy, cheap, sounds great, deep rumble, not too loud, enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread