5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Exhaust - No Drone even in MDS?

Klicht87

Reaction score
The Borla Atak doesn't have drone, but I would call it "noise". You can tell the difference when MDS kicks in but it's not bad. My 2018 silverado was awful when MDS kicked in. It was annoying when MDS kicked on and off.

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
Borla Touring + Borla Resonators: EPIC sound + no drone ++ my wife LOVES the upgraded sound as well = win, WIN!!!

What year Ram do you have? Is the Borla resonator near the tip like stock and thus need two of them? The Borla website seems to say that it goes earlier in the system like before the muffler. But it’s also doesn’t have the year listed so thinking that could be for the 3 resonator setup before 2021.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For me, I measure drone by if I have to turn my radio louder to hear it. And I don't with the Carven exhaust, but when I get on it, it sounds great.

Klicht87

Reaction score
What year Ram do you have? Is the Borla resonator near the tip like stock and thus need two of them? The Borla website seems to say that it goes earlier in the system like before the muffler. But it’s also doesn’t have the year listed so thinking that could be for the 3 resonator setup before 2021.
The borla resonator is installed on the midpipe between the muffler and the cats. 2021 removed the small factory resonator on the midpipe. Prior to 2021 years, the midpipe had a factory resonator. If you have the factory resontator, you would just cut that out at the weld. If you don't, you would have to measure where it would go on the straight midpipe.

bhurst10

Reaction score
I have the Mopar Performance Catback Exhaust it has Zero drone when MDS kicks in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread