5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Bumper

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket front bumper for the new Rebels that looks good without a lift. I dented mine on the farm and was wondering if this was an opportunity for an upgrade or if i should just replace with OEM.

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Only one I have seen is the ADD, but it just doesn't fit my eye at all.

I think that one looks pretty sweet actually... just not sure how it would look at a stock suspension height. I am thinking OEM replacement is the way to go, which i like a lot.. just making sure before i pull the trigger.

YourDad

Reaction score
Only one I have seen is the ADD, but it just doesn't fit my eye at all.

Why would they make a Rebel specific front bumper that requires you to give up the sweet cornering fog light feature? Or whatever it’s called. They even cut holes on the sides for some weird grill thingies instead of functioning fog light holes. *shrug*

Downytide

Reaction score
I would like to find proper skid plate that covers the front subframe, I've actually hit it once already while on a fire road.

orion

Reaction score
I would like to find proper skid plate that covers the front subframe, I've actually hit it once already while on a fire road.
I would like to find this as well as some rock sliders. I had a Tacoma before my Rebel and theres at least 15 companys making quality bumpers sliders and skid plates for them. I love my rebel but didn't realize the complete vacuum that exists in the aftermarket for these trucks. Do people not off road them?

orion

Reaction score
I would like to find this as well as some rock sliders. I had a Tacoma before my Rebel and theres at least 15 companys making quality bumpers sliders and skid plates for them. I love my rebel but didn't realize the complete vacuum that exists in the aftermarket for these trucks. Do people not off road them?

Not to mention the suspension options are you can use spacers or you can use spacers. Now which spacer lift do you want.

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much a OEM replacement front bumper will cost? I know i can call the service dept.... just trying to get info before calling the stealership.

Downytide

Reaction score

Some do, but very few off road them the way taco folks do, rock sliders would be nice and it's simple enough to make, but that front skid plate is driving me nuts, I'm going to make one myself as a nice bit rock was staring at the truck today, and ready to take a bite off the front subframe.

Users who are viewing this thread