5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket brake controller hook up 2019 ram

oceanviewer

Reaction score
Anyone one out there figured out where the plug and play connector is on the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 7 pin connector? I have the aftermarket brake controller-Tekonsha Primus #90160 with the correct harness #3024-p, but so far cannot see where ram puts the corresponding connector. E Trailer says it is above the gas pedal somewhere. Mopar has not updated their site at last check (December 20, 2018) with the 2019 model information. I have looked under the dash but can’t see the gray connector. Maybe I need to take more panels off for a better look but I hate doing that for fear of messing something else up. Or breaking clips. Ha. Just wondering?!

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dec 20, 2019 hasn't happened yet.:LOL: Still have a year to wait.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone one out there figured out where the plug and play connector is on the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 7 pin connector? I have the aftermarket brake controller-Tekonsha Primus #90160 with the correct harness #3024-p, but so far cannot see where ram puts the corresponding connector. E Trailer says it is above the gas pedal somewhere. Mopar has not updated their site at last check (December 20, 2019) with the 2019 model information. I have looked under the dash but can’t see the gray connector. Maybe I need to take more panels off for a better look but I hate doing that for fear of messing something else up. Or breaking clips. Ha. Just wondering?!

Not sure if this will help you but feel free to take a look

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical - 8E Electronic Control Module - Module, Trailer Tow - Description.pdf
    123.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 08 - Electrical - 8E Electronic Control Module - Module, Trailer Tow - Removal and installation.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 129

Daniel

Reaction score
Anyone one out there figured out where the plug and play connector is on the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 7 pin connector? I have the aftermarket brake controller-Tekonsha Primus #90160 with the correct harness #3024-p, but so far cannot see where ram puts the corresponding connector. E Trailer says it is above the gas pedal somewhere. Mopar has not updated their site at last check (December 20, 2019) with the 2019 model information. I have looked under the dash but can’t see the gray connector. Maybe I need to take more panels off for a better look but I hate doing that for fear of messing something else up. Or breaking clips. Ha. Just wondering?!
My 2013 was attach near the fire wall up right from the brake pedal and where the oem brake controler goes into the dash

oceanviewer

Reaction score
I did finally find the oem brake controller plug in my 2019 Laramie. It is above the gas pedal hidden in black tape. My Tekonsha 90160 controller plugged right in and works as designed. FYI! (64 dollars for the controller on line from amazon, not bad)

Bams310

Reaction score
I did finally find the oem brake controller plug in my 2019 Laramie. It is above the gas pedal hidden in black tape. My Tekonsha 90160 controller plugged right in and works as designed. FYI! (64 dollars for the controller on line from amazon, not bad)
hey, can you please give a little more detail to the location you found it? I’m having trouble locating it in my 2019 bighorn. Thank you!

Mechaero19

Reaction score

I just bought my first pickup truck ever, and its a 2019 Laramie. What is the purpose of the brake controller?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought my first pickup truck ever, and its a 2019 Laramie. What is the purpose of the brake controller?
The brake controller allows you to operate the brakes on your trailer. Electric or electric over hydrolic.

It allows for automatic operation by setting the gain. It also allows manual operation by squeezing the tabs together.

Hope that helps...just a quick overview.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I assume the plug will be in the same location for a Bighorn? Can you attach a picture of it’s location?

713bert

Reaction score
My 2013 was attach near the fire wall up right from the brake pedal and where the oem brake controler goes into the dash
I had to remove middle display dash, 2 screws under rubber pad on top, pry off with flat head screwdrivers, 8 clips hold it, look thru cavity towards brake pedal see 2 plugs wrapped in black tape. 4 pin plug is for brake controller. Hated to remove the center dash, but nothing harmed.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I assume the plug will be in the same location for a Bighorn? Can you attach a picture of it’s location?
Here is a pic of the plug. It was behind the panel below the steering wheel

RamDawg

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to determine if the brake controller is already in the vehicle? No I do not have the button but was wondering if there was a possibility that it was already in there, and i just needed to get a button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/